Eve of the Eve New Year's Eve Concert
December 28, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The "Eve of the Eve" is back in its 13th year to help ring in 2013.
It takes place the night before New Year's Eve and all proceeds benefit HighSight's scholarship program. The event offers hip, urban professionals the opportunity to mix and mingle, while jump-starting the New Year's celebration. The party takes over the entire Great Hall of Union Station, where guests enjoy cocktails, heavy hors d'oeuvres and a live band and plenty of dancing. Doors open Sunday, December 30th at 8 p.m. and the party continues until 1 a.m. Chicago coverband, South of 80 will be performing.
Tickets are available for $125 in advance and may be purchased online at www.highsight.org. Tickets will be $140 day of/at the door.
The EVE of the EVE was founded by Mark Duhon, Executive Director for the HighSight nonprofit organization. HighSight provides scholarships, tutoring, mentoring, leadership development and college readiness programs to students from inner-city neighborhoods that normally would not have the chance to attend a private high school in Chicago. Ninety-five percent of HighSight's graduates enroll in college. HighSight is a nonprofit organization dedicated to providing the choice of a better education at private high schools in Chicago. In addition to scholarships, scholars are provided tutoring, mentoring, leadership development and college readiness programs to enable their success. HighSight has grown from seven scholars in 1992 to serving nearly 100 each year.
- Grand Blue Line stop reopened after water main break 28 min ago
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan 34 min ago
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery 34 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 37 min ago
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured 53 min ago
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- GOP candidates for IL treasurer square off in forum
- Mt. Prospect woman accuses neighbor of hate crime
- Chicago pothole 'strike teams,' formed by CDOT crews
- Sarah Kustok defends father at murder trial
- Spring-like day followed by snow
- Larkin High School poms squad honored
- Chicago glows green ahead of St. Patrick's Day
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
37 min ago
- Grand Blue Line stop reopened after water...
28 min ago
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan
34 min ago
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane...
34 min ago