Step Up For Kids 2013
January 2013 (CHICAGO) News Release -- More than 2,000 steppers to scale Chicago's Aon building to raise funds for kids and families at Lurie Children's Hospital .
More than 2,000 serious athletes, fitness enthusiasts, families, and supporters of Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago.
5-year-old Lurie Children's patient Michael Lane, who was treated for a life-threatening heart disorder, will serve as the patient champion and will officially kick off the race.
The Step Up for Kids stair climb to the top of the Aon Center will benefit the children and families served by the fundraising efforts of K.I.D.S.S. for Kids, an affiliated organization of Lurie Children's, and the hospital's Family Services department.
Sunday, January 27
7:45 a.m. -- Welcome and Program
8:00 a. m. -- First step-off
Upper Lobby (Enter on Randolph Street side lower level)
200 East Randolph
The event is expected to raise more than $600,000 for the hospital's Family Services department. Many of the steppers are honoring loved ones who have been cared for at the hospital or who have been patients themselves.
About Lurie Children's
Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago is a state-of-the-art hospital located in downtown Chicago on the campus of its academic partner, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine. The hospital is ranked as one of the nation's top children's hospitals in U.S.News and World Report. The hospital relies on philanthropic support to care for more than 148,000 children each year. Learn more at luriechildrens.org.
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge 49 min ago
- Parishioners find inspiration in Cardinal George 50 min ago
- Blackhawks Seabrook suspended 3 games
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 35 min ago
- Chicago shootings: 6 dead, 24 hurt since Friday night
- Police: One dead, one critical after South Lawndale shooting
- Six people shot at Easter party in Montgomery
- Couple marks 77-year wedding anniversary
- Utica marks 10 years since deadly tornado
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation
- Flowers blooming in Millennium Park's Lurie Garden
- Chicago man killed in Salt Lake City stabbing
- Man ID'd after fatal crash on Ryan-Skyway ramp
- abcnews: Russia 'Outraged' by Deadly Ukraine Shootout 39 min ago
- Bulls fans ready for start of playoffs
48 min ago