2013 Chicago Black Women's Expo - Jeopardy Search
April 2013 (CHICAGO) NEWS RELEASE -- America's favorite quiz show is coming to the Chicago Black Women's Expo, sponsored by ABC7Chicago, in search of the next 'Jeopardy!' champion.
Who will represent Chicago on the next season of JEOPARDY!? That's the question America's Favorite Quiz Show and ABC 7 Chicago hope to answer at the Chicago Black Women's Expo at McCormick Place on Saturday, April 6. Attendees will have the opportunity to see if they have what it takes to become a JEOPARDY! champion by participating in an exclusive contestant search held on-site at the convention, which features a wide range of seminars, workshops, and entertainment.
"We've had a number of JEOPARDY! contestants from Chicago perform well over the years, and we encourage those attending the Black Women's Expo to audition for a chance to extend the city's successful track record," said Harry Friedman, executive producer of JEOPARDY!.
Prospective contestants will take a 50-clue written test; those who pass will be selected for the second part of the audition process, which includes practice game play and a brief interview.
"As a sponsor of Chicago's Black Women's Expo, we're thrilled to have JEOPARDY! on board," said John Idler, President and General Manager, ABC 7 Chicago. "So many Chicagoans are loyal viewers of JEOPARDY! on ABC 7. We're looking forward to seeing some strong female contestants from this year's Black Woman's Expo appear on JEOPARDY! next season."
ABC 7 Chicago will have a booth at the Chicago Black Women's Expo on Saturday, April 6 and Sunday, April 7 featuring members of the ABC 7 News team including Stacey Baca, Kathy Brock, Cheryl Burton, Leah Hope, Ron Magers, Karen Meyer, Sylvia Perez, Jim Rose, Roz Varon, Val Warner, and Linda Yu.
JEOPARDY! airs locally in Chicago at 2:30 p.m. on ABC 7 Chicago. For more information about JEOPARDY!, please visit Jeopardy.com.
JEOPARDY!, the winner of a 2011 Peabody Award and 30 Emmy Awards, including the 2012 Emmy for Outstanding Game/Audience Participation Program, was inducted into the Guinness Book of World Records for the most awards won by a TV Game Show. The series is the #1-rated quiz show in syndication with 25 million viewers each week. JEOPARDY! is produced by Sony Pictures Television, a Sony Pictures Entertainment Company. It is distributed domestically by CBS Television Distribution and internationally by CBS Television International, both units of CBS Corp.
- Woman narrowly escapes grocery store crash
- Officials probe potential threat on Delta flight
- I-Team: Kevin Trudeau, an unlikely pauper
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Woman rescued from Lake Michigan near Jackson
- Chicago woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- CTA Orange Line track work underway this weekend
- Boy who drowned in Crystal Lake pond ID'd
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen
- Man accused of Naperville 'Simpsons' graffiti
- Pilsen parishes join together for Good Friday procession
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake