July 6, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- French Bastille Day is on Sunday, July 14, 2013, and there are several events in Chicago in honor of it.
Maris Callahan, editor of My Daily Find Chicago , came into our ABC7 studio to tell us about a few events.
32nd Annual Bastille Day 5K & 8K Run/ Walk & Block Party, Benefits Mercy Home for Boys and Girls
Thursday, July 11, 2013
Race starts at 7:15 p.m.
Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum
Cannon Dr. & Fullerton
Admission: $32 for 5K, $37 for 8K
Deadline to register: July 8 marks the end of online registration, but registration is available on-site
Bastille Day Chicago
Saturday, July 13, 2013
Speed Dating de la Bastille
Tuesday, July 9, 2013
6:30 - 8:30 p.m.
Alliance Française de Chicago
54 W. Chicago Avenue
Admission: $8, includes glass of French wine
Deadline to register: Registration will close when 15 men and 15 women have RSVP'd
Bistronomic's Three-course Prix fixe menu in honor of Bastille Day
July 8 to July 14, 2013
840 N. Wabash Ave.
Admission: The menu will be available for $30, or $40 with wine pairing, exclusive of tax and gratuity
The Chopping Block "Simple French Food" Cooking Class
July 14, 2013
5 - 7:30 p.m.
4747 N Lincoln Ave
Deadline to register: As availability lasts
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge 47 min ago
- Parishioners find inspiration in Cardinal George 48 min ago
- Blackhawks Seabrook suspended 3 games
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 33 min ago
- Chicago shootings: 6 dead, 24 hurt since Friday night
- Police: One dead, one critical after South Lawndale shooting
- Six people shot at Easter party in Montgomery
- Couple marks 77-year wedding anniversary
- Utica marks 10 years since deadly tornado
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation
- Flowers blooming in Millennium Park's Lurie Garden
- Chicago man killed in Salt Lake City stabbing
- Man ID'd after fatal crash on Ryan-Skyway ramp
- abcnews: Russia 'Outraged' by Deadly Ukraine Shootout 37 min ago
- Bulls fans ready for start of playoffs
46 min ago