''Chicago's Top Guns''
August 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- ABC 7 Chicago presents "Chicago's Top Guns" a half-hour special celebrating the Air and Water Show, Sunday August 18, 2013 at 11pm.
The Chicago Air & Water Show, presented by the City of Chicago and Shell Oil Products, may be turning 55, but the event's breathtaking action will soar when ABC 7 Chicago presents the broadcast of CHICAGO'S TOP GUNS. Hosted by ABC 7 meteorologists Jerry Taft and Tracy Butler, this half-hour special will air Sunday, August 18th at 11pm, with an encore presentation on Sunday, August 25th at 4:30 pm.
Taft and Butler will give viewers a close-up look at this lakefront spectacle, spotlighting the thrills and chills of one this year's headliners, the world famous GEICO Skytypers Airshow Team. The flight squadron of six vintage WWII aircraft will entertain the crowd with its dazzling and precise flight maneuvers.
During the special all eyes will be on the aerobatic demo team, TEAM AEROSTARS. With their graceful aerobatics flown in tight formation, spectacular breakaways and awe-inspiring movements, the team is always a crowd-pleaser.
In addition, Chicago's Top Guns will feature headliners including Aeroshell Aerobatic Team, The Firebirds Delta Team, Chuck Aaron in the Red Bull Helicopter, Bill Stein Airshows, Matt Chapman Airshows, Dave Dacy in the Super Stearman, American Airlines, All Veteran Parachute Team, and Chicago Fire Department Air/Sea Rescue. Also, guaranteed to stun and amaze onlookers, Sean D. Tucker & Team Oracle return to fly daredevil feats of precision at 300 miles per hour.
The Air & Water Show takes place on the lakefront from Fullerton Avenue to Oak Street, with North Avenue Beach as the focal point of the events. In past years the Air & Water Show has been the largest two-day event of its kind in the United States, attracting more than two million people to Chicago's lakefront.
CHICAGO'S TOP GUNS is produced by Christopher Bowen in cooperation with the Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events.
- Snow cancels, delays flights at airports 35 min ago
- Austin fire destroys building, leaves 10 homeless 12 min ago
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Chicago pastor investigated for child sex abuse
- Bears, Cowboys prepped for frigid Monday game
- 1 dead, several injured in Racine pile-up
- 2-year-old girl killed by dog on South Side
- Driver charged after bicyclist killed in Douglas Park accident
- FEMA canvassing tornado areas in central Ill. 16 min ago
- Blackhawks G Crawford leaves game early with injury
- Chicago marks passing of Nelson Mandela
- Shirley MacLaine on Kennedy Center Honors: 'It's about time' 12 min ago
- abcnews: Man trapped in empty plane at Houston Airport