Honeybee Weekend at Morton Arboretum
September 8, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- The Morton Arboretum is buzzing with activity. That's because it is Honey Bee weekend.
You can learn to be a beekeeper, stop by the honey expo, or go on a honey bee hike.
Megan Dunning is in charge of community and education outreach at the Morton Arboretum, and Greg Fischer is a beekeeper on the grounds. They joined ABC7 in the studio with more.
EVENT INFO: www.mortonarb.org
Honey Bee Weekend
September 8, 2013
10 am - 4 pm
The Morton Arboretum
Admission/ price: Expo is free with admission, Family Honey Bee Hikes are $6 plus admission, Bee Hive Tour is $30 including admission.
Register for the Family Honey Bee Hikes in person at the Visitor Center. Register for the Bee Hive Tour at www.mortonarb.org
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase 6 min ago
- Missing plane may have created seismic event, Chinese researchers say 26 min ago
- Falling ice smashes car windshield in West Loop
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Rat problem could increase with spring thaw
- MS Awareness Month events in Chicago area
- Catalytic converters stolen from cars in Chicago Lawn
- I-55 rest stop dedicated to fallen state trooper
- Priest: Billboard with assault weapon 'disrespectful'
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Philly Airport
- Potholes prompt revamped street paving plan
- CPS student's murder remains unsolved 5 years later
- Armed robberies prompt alert in South Shore
- abcnews: Cracked Dam Leads to Human Remains
- CPD officer killed in crash after police...
6 min ago