NASA Astronaut Mike Hopkins
September 9, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- Mike Hopkins, an astronaut for NASA, talks with ABC7 Chicago as he prepares for his upcoming space mission.
- Hopkins and his crewmates, Oleg Kotov and Sergey Ryazanskiy of the Russian Federal Space Agency, will launch on September 25 from the Baikonur Cosmodrome in Kazakhstan aboard their Soyuz TMA-10M spacecraft.
- Hopkins is a Colonel in the U.S. Air Force and the first member of the 2009 NASA Astronaut Class to travel to space.
- Hopkins is a native of Richland, Missouri. He earned his undergraduate degree from the University of Illinois and graduate degree from Stanford University.
International Space Station Expedition 37/38 Information:
"Train Like an Astronaut" Program:
Follow Mike on Twitter: @AstroILLINI
- Extra-alarm blaze struck in Irving Park
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 missing
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State 4 min ago
- Chicago electric bills to rise; city claims could've been worse 7 min ago
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van 55 min ago
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute 52 min ago
- Sheriff Dart facing opposition from own party 59 min ago
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Pay-by-phone coming for Chicago parking meters 54 min ago
- California earthquake centered in Eureka measures 6.9 magnitude
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
- 7 in :77