NASA Astronaut Mike Hopkins
September 9, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- Mike Hopkins, an astronaut for NASA, talks with ABC7 Chicago as he prepares for his upcoming space mission.
- Hopkins and his crewmates, Oleg Kotov and Sergey Ryazanskiy of the Russian Federal Space Agency, will launch on September 25 from the Baikonur Cosmodrome in Kazakhstan aboard their Soyuz TMA-10M spacecraft.
- Hopkins is a Colonel in the U.S. Air Force and the first member of the 2009 NASA Astronaut Class to travel to space.
- Hopkins is a native of Richland, Missouri. He earned his undergraduate degree from the University of Illinois and graduate degree from Stanford University.
International Space Station Expedition 37/38 Information:
"Train Like an Astronaut" Program:
Follow Mike on Twitter: @AstroILLINI
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this' 21 min ago
- Search resumes Sunday for Malaysian jet
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- Mt. Prospect banquet hall closes suddenly
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- 'Project Youth' provides lessons on teen pregnancy, more 9 min ago
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer 38 min ago
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through...
21 min ago
- Trio of new distilleries open in Chicago
10 min ago