Campus Safety Awareness Month
September 22, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- September is National Campus Safety Awareness Month, and you're invited to an evening of fashion in Chicago that helps shatter the silence about sexual assault.
The national nonprofit organization PAVE, which stands for Promoting Awareness, Victim Empowerment, is putting on the fashion event and others.
PAVE founder Angela Rose, herself a survivor of abduction and sexual assault, came into our ABC7 studio to tell us more about the initiatives.
PAVE's 5th Annual Fear No Fashion fundraiser
Friday, October 11, 2013
7 - 8 p.m.: VIP Reception
8 - 10 p.m.: Event
Room 1520 Loft
Tickets: $65; $125 VIP (includes priority seating and a celebrity VIP reception including taking pictures with Miss Illinois 2013 and model/Actress April Rose from the movie Grown-Ups 2)
National Campus Sexual Assault Summit
www.ShatteringTheSilence.org and pavingtheway.net/wordpress/2013/09/national-campus-sexual-assault-summit-2/
Georgetown Law in DC Broadcasting live to more than 300 colleges
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store 20 min ago
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Video: Yelp reviews: Phony or Real?
- Man turns self in after baby dies in crash
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train 58 min ago
- Body found near home of woman missing 2 years
- Elderly woman dead after fire in Woodstock
- I-Team finds man wanted by Interpol in Chicago
- Superintendent reprimanded after DUI arrest
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns
- Opening statements begin in general's sex trial
- Massachusetts bans 'upskirt' photos after ruling
- abcnews: Family Takes on Critics After Lung Transplant