Maywood Pumpkin Patch Parade
October 12, 2013 (MAYWOOD, Ill.) (WLS) -- On Saturday, October 12, 2013, Maywood Fine Arts (MFA) is hosting its annual Pumpkin Patch Parade.
On Saturday, October 12, 2013, Maywood Fine Arts (MFA) is hosting its annual Pumpkin Patch Parade. This year's event features an appearance by Southpaw, the beloved Chicago White Sox mascot.
MFA provides an opportunity for low-income parents to give their children fun and educational activities in the arts. Proceeds from the Pumpkin Patch Parade help keep MFA tuition rates low for arts and fitness classes.
Lois Baumann, Founder and Executive Director, Maywood Fine Arts (http://www.maywoodfinearts.org/), and Erin Dunn, Get Off The Streets (GOTS) Youth Leader and Student Teacher, joined ABC7 live from the site of the Pumpkin Patch Parade to tell us more about the cause.
Pumpkin Patch Parade
9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
5th and Lake St.
(25 N. 5th Ave)
Maywood, IL, 60153
Admission: $15 adults, $10 children 12 and under (includes a t-shirt and hotdog lunch)
MFA is also always looking for volunteers and new students. Families can still register for dance, tumbling, art, drama, music and karate.
Go to our website at www.maywoodfinearts.org or call 708-865-0301 or visit us on Facebook.
- Grand Blue Line stop reopened after water main break
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- GOP candidates for IL treasurer square off in forum
- Mt. Prospect woman accuses neighbor of hate crime
- Chicago pothole 'strike teams,' formed by CDOT crews
- Sarah Kustok defends father at murder trial
- Spring-like day followed by snow
- Larkin High School poms squad honored
- Chicago glows green ahead of St. Patrick's Day
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits