November 2, 2013 -- On Saturday, November 2, 2013, runners are out and about to help homeless veterans at the 10th Annual Cantigny 5K in suburban Wheaton.
Net proceeds from the race are donated to the Midwest Shelter for Homeless Veterans in Wheaton. There is also a pancake breakfast that raises funds for Cantigny Post 556 of the American Legion.
Bob Adams, President of the Midwest Shelter for Homeless Veterans, and Paul Herbert, Executive Director of the First Division Museum at Cantigny Park, joined us live during our ABC 7 Eyewitness News to tell us about the race and the great cause behind it.
Also, everyone is invited back to Cantigny on Veterans Day, November 11, 2013, for evening programs at the First Division Museum. They start at 5 p.m. and include a Luminary Tribute with more than 1,500 candles.
Cantigny 5K Run/Walk
November 2, 20139
Pancake Breakfast inside the Visitor Center, serving until 1 p.m.
Runners, walkers and spectators welcome!
Veterans Day Tribute at Cantigny Park
Monday, November 11, 2013
Admission & parking: complimentary
- Teen dead after car chase and shooting
- Ashland bridge moved to new location on Western Avenue
- South Korea ferry captain, 2 crew members arrested
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 1 dead, 4 hurt in crash on transition ramp on freeway
- I-Team: Kevin Trudeau, an unlikely pauper
- Woman dies after being rescued from Lake Michigan
- Chicago woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- CTA Orange Line track work underway this weekend
- Boy who drowned in Crystal Lake pond ID'd
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake