November 2, 2013 -- On Saturday, November 2, 2013, runners are out and about to help homeless veterans at the 10th Annual Cantigny 5K in suburban Wheaton.
Net proceeds from the race are donated to the Midwest Shelter for Homeless Veterans in Wheaton. There is also a pancake breakfast that raises funds for Cantigny Post 556 of the American Legion.
Bob Adams, President of the Midwest Shelter for Homeless Veterans, and Paul Herbert, Executive Director of the First Division Museum at Cantigny Park, joined us live during our ABC 7 Eyewitness News to tell us about the race and the great cause behind it.
Also, everyone is invited back to Cantigny on Veterans Day, November 11, 2013, for evening programs at the First Division Museum. They start at 5 p.m. and include a Luminary Tribute with more than 1,500 candles.
Cantigny 5K Run/Walk
November 2, 20139
Pancake Breakfast inside the Visitor Center, serving until 1 p.m.
Runners, walkers and spectators welcome!
Veterans Day Tribute at Cantigny Park
Monday, November 11, 2013
Admission & parking: complimentary
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysia jet
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57 25 min ago
- HS basketball player shines despite disabilty
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Snowboard park accident 911 calls released
- Volunteers get word out on insurance sign-up 31 min ago
- Bridge over Western demolished for Bloomingdale Trail 55 min ago
- Broadened Chicago ban on plastic bags gaining steam
- More goats found dead in Ill. animal cruelty case
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital 18 min ago
- abcnews: Jennifer Lawrence's Oscars Date Tells All
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57
25 min ago