2 Chicago pups to start in Animal Planet's 10th annual Puppy Bowl
January 31, 2014 (WLS) -- Which Chicago puppy is your MVP (Most Valuable Puppy!)? ''Taser'' and ''Sharpie'' will represent the Windy City at Animal Planet's Puppy Bowl. Both are rescued Italian Greyhounds.
Sharpie and Taser are the only Illinois pups in the game and the first Italian Greyhounds to take part in the Animal Planet's Puppy Bowl!
As the story goes, ROMP Italian Greyhound Rescue saved a 10 year old puppy mill mama in May 2013. After a few weeks in rescue, Kai (the name we gave the puppy mill survivor) started to look a little plump which confirmed our suspicion that she was pregnant with puppies! We were sad to see her have to care for another litter as that is all she ever did in her 10 years at the puppy mill, but we were glad she was able to do so in our care where we had warmth, good food, vets and lots of love to surround her.
You can catch Italian Greyhound puppy rescues, Taser and Sharpie, on the Animal Planet Puppy Bowl X field later this year. It airs on the Animal Planet channel February 2, 2014 at 3pm pst/est or 2pm cst.
Remember, vote #TeamTaser or #TeamSharpie for viewers choice MVP and check back at AnimalPlanet.com for more on their adoption stories. http://animal.discovery.com/tv-shows/puppy-bowl/photos/x-starting-lineup.htm
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Search resumes Sunday for Malaysian jet
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- Mt. Prospect banquet hall closes suddenly
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- 'Project Youth' provides lessons on teen pregnancy, more
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer