Para-Triathletes at Chicago Triathlon
August 25, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The Life Time TRI or Chicago Triathlon is one of the world's largest.
About 8,000 athletes will take part in the three-event race on Sunday.
While it's impressive for anyone to complete, it's especially challenging for paratriathletes. Levi Kane and Melissa Stockwell are paratriathletes, and Stockwell is also the co-founder of Dare2Tri. They joined us live from the site of the triathlon during our ABC7 News Sunday Morning to explain how these races are different for paratriathletes.
Chicago Triathlon OR Life Time TRI Chicago
Sunday, August 25th, 2013
6 a.m.: Race begins
11 a.m.: Pro Athletes start
Race starts and ends in Grant Park, near Columbus and Balbo
- 2 winter storms take aim at Chicago area
- Missing Michigan doctor's car found in Indiana
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bogus Target charges may not appear for months
- Woman charged after 30 dogs removed from home
- Dixon to receive $9.2M restitution in Crundwell case
- Maine West coach hazing trial put on hold until January
- 2 men killed within blocks of each other in South Shore
- No CO detectors in Skokie apartments where people sickened
- Indiana Toll Road reopened after truck rollover
- Elkhart native killed in NATO helicopter crash in Afghanistan
- Aurora pastor gets 12 years in prison
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates