Food & Recipes
June 30, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- From July 3 through 7, 2013, a very tasty event raises funds for an organization that works to prevent child abuse.
The annual Naperville Ribfest supports The Exchange Club. Marty Walker, 2013 Ribfest Chair, and Charlie Robinson of Robinson's joined us at our ABC7 studio to tell us all about the festival, including a celebrity line-up, and to show us how to cook ribs like the experts. On Friday, July 5, 2013, Slash of Guns N' Roses will appear on the Navistar stage.
July 3-7, 2013
July 3: 4 p.m. - 10 p.m.
July 4 - 7: 12 p.m. - 10 p.m.
$15 at the gate
Family Fun Time July 4-7 noon to 3- $10 at the gate.
Kids 11 and under are Free every day!
Charlie Robinson's BBQ Pork Shoulder
1 pork shoulder - 20-25 lbs.
Robinson's dry rub mix
3 tbl. paprika
1 tbl. onion salt
1 tbl. ground basil
2 tbl. lemon pepper
1 tbl. red pepper
Basting Sauce (Optional)
1 gal. white vinegar
17 oz. Robinson BBQ Sauce
5 oz. Robinson dry rub
Preheat cooker to 250.
Trim all excess fat from shoulder.
Mix dry ingredients, and apply to meat with Robinson's rub.
Prepare a batch of basting sauce if desired.
Put meat on grill.
Place a small stick of green hickory wood beside briquettes for more smoke, as desired.
Keep heat between 250 and 300 degrees for first 6-8 hours.
Reduce heat and maintain at 200 to 250 for a total cooking time of 14-16 hours. If basting, do so every 3 hours.
Shoulder is done when internal temperature reaches 170 degrees.
Time to pour on Robinson's Barbecue Sauce.
food & recipes
- 4 children injured in S. Side drive-by shooting
- Motorized wheelchair stolen from inspirational teen
- Blackhawks Seabrook suspended 3 games
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Parishioners find inspiration in Cardinal George
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge
- Chicago shootings: 6 dead, 24 hurt since Friday night
- Police: One dead, one critical after South Lawndale shooting
- Six people shot at Easter party in Montgomery
- Couple marks 77-year wedding anniversary
- Utica marks 10 years since deadly tornado
- Kraft recalls 96,000 pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners
- Flowers blooming in Millennium Park's Lurie Garden
- abcnews: Russia 'Outraged' by Deadly Ukraine Shootout