Food & Recipes
Mini Burgers, Mini Hot Dogs and More from GFS Marketplace
June 30, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- The Fourth of July means get-togethers and of course - a lot of food!
Whether you want to control your portions or simply want to be able to taste more things, mini versions of burgers and other things are great. Brian Wells, GFS Marketplace Food Expert (www.gfspartyplanning.com), came into our ABC7 studio to show us a few recipe ideas.
Old Glory Cake
12 x 15 ½ pre made GFS Sheet cake
1 quart blueberries
2 quarts raspberries
Assemble berries in flag design on top of sheet cake.
Use remaining berries to garnish around cake plate.
Red Fruit Punch or Cranberry Juice
To make the layered punch, use the juice with the highest fruit concentration first and the one with the lightest on top. Pour into individual glasses for a dramatic table setting, or make one big batch in a pitcher for a great visual.
Fourth of July Fruit and Yogurt Parfaits
1 pint strawberries sliced or 1 pint raspberries
1 pint blue berries
1 quart vanilla yogurt
In parfait or any type of dessert dish, layer ingredients in red white and blue design.
food & recipes
- Blackhawks lose heartbreaking 3OT STL Game 1 45 min ago
- Boy, 9, recovering from East Chicago pit bull attack
- Lawsuit filed against cops accused of lying in court
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- I-Team: Misconduct alleged at US Marshal's office
- Huntley votes to ban e-cigarettes in schools
- Man shot in Lincoln Square
- Beverly mom, children found safe in Wisconsin
- CTA Belmont bypass plan could affect 16 buildings
- Photos released in Yellow Line attack
- Investigation continues after boy dies in Whiting hit-and-run
- Chicago woman owns first Ford Mustang ever sold
- Presidential library in Chicago takes step forward
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos