Food & Recipes
Let's Dish: Surprise Ice Cream Cones
August 3, 2013 -- For your child's next birthday party, try making my surprise ice cream cones. They are not all ice cream, but also cake - and the cake is stuffed with a surprise ingredient. Let's Dish host Chris Koetke has the recipe. You can find more recipes likes this on the Live Well Network.
Recipe for Surprise Ice Cream Cones
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 15-20 minutes
Serves: 20 cones
1 cake mix (any flavor except angel food)
20 pieces of pecan halves, canned pineapple chucks, chocolate kisses, and/or maraschino cherries
20 flat-bottomed wafer ice cream cones
Ice cream toppings (cherries, chopped nuts, chocolate pieces, sprinkles, etc)
1. Mix cake mix according to the instructions on the package.
2. Place ice cream cones in muffin tins.
3. Fill the ice cream cones ¼ full with cake batter.
4. Place 1 piece of pecan, pineapple, chocolate kiss or cherry in the cake mix.
5. Add more cake mix batter to the ice cream cones so that they are just slightly more the half way filled.
6. Bake the ice cream cones in a 350° F oven for 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick, inserted into the cake comes out clean.
7. Remove the cones from the oven and let cool. If the cake has risen beyond the top of the cones, trim it so that it is flat.
8. When they are ready to be served, top with a small scoop of ice cream and then assorted ice cream toppings.
food & recipes
- Grand Blue Line stop reopened after water main break
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- GOP candidates for IL treasurer square off in forum
- Mt. Prospect woman accuses neighbor of hate crime
- Chicago pothole 'strike teams,' formed by CDOT crews
- Sarah Kustok defends father at murder trial
- Spring-like day followed by snow
- Larkin High School poms squad honored
- Chicago glows green ahead of St. Patrick's Day
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits