Food & Recipes
Let's Dish: Rice Pudding
January 11, 2014 -- There are more and more unusual varieties of rice in grocery stores today, which give us an opportunity for really cool recipes such as a black rice pudding.
Recipe for Rice Pudding
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 45-60 minutes
Black Rice Pudding
¾ cup short or medium grain black rice
4 cups whole milk
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup brown sugar
5 oz. dried cherries
1. In a saucepan, bring black rice and milk to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook or about 45-60 minutes or until the rice is tender.
2. In a bowl, whisk together vanilla, egg, and brown sugar.
3. Pour the egg mixture into the hot rice mixture while mixing continuously.
4. Bring back to a boil, stirring constantly. Once it boils and thickens, remove from heat, stir in the dried cherries, and spoon into small cups. Chill in the refrigerator before eating.
food & recipes
- Man, 20, charged in Boystown sex assault
- Neighbors rescue kids from West Pullman fire
- Chicago casino plans to be heard at Wednesday hearing
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Carl Sandburg H.S. on 'soft lockdown'
- Bucktown water main break gushes for hours
- Cubs unveil plans for Wrigley's 100th birthday
- Michelle Obama to meet with CPS students in DC
- Amber Creek murder suspect appears at preliminary hearing
- Resurfacing project begins to fill potholes
- Gurnee man sentenced in sex assaults of 2 kids
- Huntley teen charged, allegedly crashed SUV into home
- Truck driver who allegedly molested 11 kids sentenced
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
- ABC 7 To Go, April 16, 2014
47 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos