Amazing Chocolate Pecan Pie
Makes one 9" pie
1 Deerfields gluten-free pie crust
Blind bake chilled pie crust at 350 degrees for 7 minutes. Let cool.
10 oz premium dark chocolate, minimum 60%
cocoa solids, chopped
2 oz butter, melted and cooled
8 oz (1 1/2 cups) brown sugar
9 oz heavy cream
3 large eggs, beaten
1 tsp. vanilla
12 oz pecan halves, roughly chopped in half again
Melt chocolate over a double boiler of barely simmering water. Mix together brown sugar, heavy cream, eggs, butter and vanilla. Stir in melted chocolate. Add pecans. Pour into the par baked pie shell. Bake at 325 degrees for 45 minutes. Check pie crust at 30 minutes and cover with foil if browning too much.
Note: Deerfields will be offering Chocolate Pecan Pie for the holidays (special order only). Call customer service at 847.520.0068 ext 4 to reserve your pie. For home bakers, Deerfield, Buffalo Grove and Schaumburg stores will be selling frozen gluten-free pie shells.
- Bears fans brave frigid temps at Soldier Field
- Deer falls through ice in Willow Springs
- Passengers stranded overnight at O'Hare airport
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bears beat Cowboys 45-28 on Ditka Day
- Waukegan police search for suspect in sex assault
- Illinois man charged with animal cruelty defends actions
- $100M investment proposed for Gary Airport
- Mom wants justice in toddler's dog death
- Sen. Kirk undergoes gall bladder surgery
- Stained-glass exhibit opens in Chicago pedway
- Tilting tourist attraction may come to Hancock Center
- Vaccinate Illinois Week kicks off to promote flu shots
- abcnews: Most Popular Gifts: 2013 vs. 1913
- Happy Ditka Day! 'Da Coach' jersey retired...
55 min ago