Ginny's Basic Cookie Dough
Ginny says, "When my family bakes holiday cookies, we like to start with a good, basic dough, and add different ingredients to customize the taste and texture to our individual preferences. Everybody's happy!"
Ginny's Basic Cookie Recipe
Cream butter and sugars until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until well mixed. In separate bowl, whisk flour and baking soda together, then add slowly to creamed mixture, beating until combined.
Add mix-ins, drop scant 1 Tbsp amounts onto ungreased cookie sheet (these will spread into thin, chewy cookies). Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes. Cool on cookie sheet for a few minutes, and then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
"There's almost no end to where you can go with good, basic cookie dough," Ginny says.
Ginny's Pumpkin Pie Spice Cookies
"Here we have a batch of my personal favorites - Pumpkin Pie Spice - hot out of my 10-in-1 Everything Oven," Ginny says.
- Body ID'd as missing UofC student, 20 40 min ago
- Students, teachers tearful as CPS closures begin
- LeBron headband absence could be key for Miami Heat win 6 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Special session expected to form pension committee
- Child luring alert issued in Albany Park
- Man convicted with twin faces new sex trafficking charges
- Couple headed for Dwight, Ill., go missing, turn up lost in Mich. 47 min ago
- Firefighter in prison for wife murder still gets pension 46 min ago
- Museum of Science and Industry marks 80th birthday
- Fed suggests it's closer to slowing bond purchases
- Illinois' pension crisis, by the numbers
- Chicago Shooting Count: 8 shot in 9 hours Monday
- abcnews: Ohio Town Police Chief a Facebook Hit
- Lunch Break