Ginny's Basic Cookie Dough
Ginny says, "When my family bakes holiday cookies, we like to start with a good, basic dough, and add different ingredients to customize the taste and texture to our individual preferences. Everybody's happy!"
Ginny's Basic Cookie Recipe
Cream butter and sugars until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until well mixed. In separate bowl, whisk flour and baking soda together, then add slowly to creamed mixture, beating until combined.
Add mix-ins, drop scant 1 Tbsp amounts onto ungreased cookie sheet (these will spread into thin, chewy cookies). Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes. Cool on cookie sheet for a few minutes, and then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
"There's almost no end to where you can go with good, basic cookie dough," Ginny says.
Ginny's Pumpkin Pie Spice Cookies
"Here we have a batch of my personal favorites - Pumpkin Pie Spice - hot out of my 10-in-1 Everything Oven," Ginny says.
- Brutal cold grips Chicago, suburbs 1 min ago
- Man shot to death in Logan Square 48 min ago
- Video: I-Team Thursday at 10
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Baby who died after being left home alone ID'd
- Man arrested in shooting of Garfield Park pharmacist 19 min ago
- Chicago artist created pope's image for Time cover 16 min ago
- Thousands expected at Our Lady of Guadalupe shrine
- Chicago Skyway reopened after 5 injured in accident
- Renee Fleming, Yo Yo Ma celebrate CPS arts program
- Mariano's to hold 3 job fairs this week in city, suburbs
- Chicago Children's Choir alumni reunite to honor Mandela
- abcnews: 911 calls in Jameis Winston case 18 min ago
- Family searching for missing Lansing man
- Man shot to death in Logan Square
48 min ago
- Ugly Christmas sweater store pops up in...
46 min ago
- Chicago artist created pope's image for...
16 min ago