Lorna Campbell's Chocolate Pie
February 24, 2010 -- Brian Campbell's mom gave us her recipe for Chocolate Pie.
Lorna Campbell"s Pie Crust Recipe
1 pound of Tenderflake Lard
1 cup of boiling water
1/3 teaspoon salt
6 cups of flour
Put lard in good size bowl and cut into smaller pieces then pour boiling water over and stir until smoth,then add the flour and salt. Refrigerate this until cool, approximately three hours. Take out and rollout for the size you need for your pie plate. Will make four two crust pies or if using single crust will make enough for six pies.
Lorna Campbell's Chocolate Pie Recipe
2 cups of milk
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1/3 cup flour
1 cup granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
Heat milk until hot not boiling
Add 1/2 cup cold water to the cocoa, flour, sugar, and salt stir till well blended
Now add this to the heated milk and cook until thick
When thickened add 1 teaspoon vanilla
Pour into cooked pie crust and refrigerate until cold and serve with whipped cream.
- Fire at storefront church in Gary, Indiana 16 min ago
- Chicago temps to plunge as arctic air moves in
- Video: Ditka Talks: Thursday @ 10 PM
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 10 min ago
- 3 in custody in Homewood bank robbery
- Man allegedly assaulted first responders in River North
- Stagg High School students, teacher fall ill
- Concert in Bloomington benefits tornado victims 19 min ago
- 911 dispatchers recall Washington IL tornado
- Midlothian officer faces excessive force charges
- Missing woman's body found in Libertyville
- Soul Children give Chicago show before Europe tour
- Photos: Toddler falls meeting Obama puppy 'Sunny'
- abcnews: Meet Wonder Woman: Gal Gadot
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
10 min ago
- Concert in Bloomington benefits tornado...
19 min ago