Jake's XXX Wings recipe
Winner of Best Hot Wing at 2011 Wingfest Chicago. Recipe from Jake Melnick's Corner Tap.
- 3 Cups Buffalo Style Hot Sauce
- 2 Cups Habanero Peppers
- 2 Cups Scotch Bonnet Peppers
- 1 1/4 oz Ghost Peppers
- 1/2 Cup Orange Juice
- 5 Pounds Fresh Jumbo Chicken Wings
NOTE: USE GLOVES WHEN TOUCHING THE PEPPERS
Remove stems from habaneros, scotch bonnets and ghost peppers.
Place habaneros and bonnets on the grill and blacken.
Place ghost peppers in a small sauce pot with orange juice and reduce until almost dry.
Place blackened peppers, pepper orange juice mixture and hot sauce in a blender and puree.
Fry wings until an internal temperature of 165 degrees is met.
Toss 4 oz of sauce in a clean bowl with fried wings until well coated.
Serve with your choice of Bleu Cheese or Ranch dipping sauce.
- Tanker truck rollover closes eastbound Indiana Toll Road 6 min ago
- Carbon monoxide injures 12 in Skokie 24 min ago
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Chicago radio legend Larry Lujack dies at 73 56 min ago
- 3 dead in 3 South Side shootings in 3 hours
- Deal requires removal of Chicago 'petcoke' piles
- Rogers Park stabbing seriously injures woman, 21
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- City triples budget to board up closed CPS schools
- Teen dies day after Little Village shooting
- CTA Blue Line train service resumes
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus
- 7 in :77
- Carbon monoxide injures 12 in Skokie
24 min ago
- Chicago radio legend Larry Lujack dies at 73
56 min ago