Real Men Cook: World's Greatest Greens (Cousins)
Recipe from Real Men Cook.
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound fresh collard greens
- 1 pound fresh cabbage
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1. Bring broth in medium pot to a boil. Add collard greens and cook for 15 minutes.
2. While collard greens are cooking heat olive oil over medium high heat in a sauce pan. Add onions, red bell pepper and garlic. Cook till light brown.
3. Add vegetable mixture to greens and reduce heat to a simmer and cover for 10 minutes.
4. Add cabbage to greens, stir and continue cooking, covered for 10 minutes.
5. Add creole seasoning, sugar, cider vinegar and red pepper, stir and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Boy critical after 90 minutes underwater in pond 36 min ago
- Blackhawks lose heartbreaking 3OT STL Game 1
- Boy, 9, recovering from East Chicago pit bull attack
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 54 min ago
- Lawsuit filed against cops accused of lying in court
- I-Team: Misconduct alleged at US Marshal's office
- I-Team: Warning about home loans
- Huntley votes to ban e-cigarettes in schools
- Man shot in Lincoln Square
- Beverly mom, children found safe in Wisconsin
- CTA Belmont bypass plan could affect 16 buildings
- Photos released in Yellow Line attack
- Investigation continues after boy dies in Whiting hit-and-run
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship
- 5 Smart Ways to Spend Your Tax Return Wisely
29 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos