Macadamia Crusted Scallops with Pina Colada Sauce
August 28, 2011 -- This recipe is courtesy of Carol Buckantz, the executive chef at Shiraz on the Water, the restaurant at Hilton Indian Lakes Resort in Bloomingdale
8 each Scallops (10/20 or 20/30)
3 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup Flour
1/4 cup Macadamia nuts, chopped fine
1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
As needed, salt and pepper
1 cup Canola oil
1/2 cup Diced pineapple, puree in food processor
1/2 cup Pineapple Juice
1/8 cup Rum, coconut or dark
1/8 cup Coconut milk
2 Tablespoons Honey
1 Tablespoon Cornstarch
Take the side muscle off of the scallops. Set up the breading procedure, seasoned flour( with salt and pepper), beaten eggs, and the panko breadcrumbs and macadamia nuts mixed. Place the scallops in the flour, egg , then breadcrumb mixture.
In a saute pan heat oil. When reaches the proper temp, add the scallops and heat till golden brown. Place on paper towel to drain
In a saute pan, add the pureed pineapple, add the rum and flame. Add the coconut milk, honey, and juice. Let cook down. Add the cornstarch slurry and let thicken. Remove from heat and cool down before serving.
Place the cooled sauce on the plate, place the hot scallops on top.
- China: Vietnam detects signal from missing jet 13 min ago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store 30 min ago
- Yelp Reviews: Real or Fake?
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 11 min ago
- Body found in sewer ID'd as missing woman
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
- Scoozi restaurant closing in River North
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend
- Crime scene expert testifies for Kustok defense
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- ABC7's Ravi Baichwal takes part in dance event 10 min ago
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
11 min ago
- China: Vietnam detects signal from missing...
13 min ago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift...
30 min ago
- Rare Tea Cellar stocks one-of-a-kind products
19 min ago