Homemade chocolate treats from Old Town's Delightful Pastry and Bakery Cafe
September 1, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- No need to be a master pastry chef to make scrumptious chocolate treats at home. Chef Dobra Bielinski of Delightful Pastry and Bakery Cafe shares her tricks and recipes to make chocolate truffles, chocolate cream pie and chocolate Liegeois.
- Chocolate Truffles with Bourbon
- Chocolate Pudding/Custard (filling for Chocolate Cream Pie and Chocolate Liegeois)
Delightful Pastry and Bakery Cafe (Old Town)
1710 N. Wells
Delightful Pastry and Bakery Cafe (Chicago French Market)
131 N. Clinton Ave
Delightful Pastry and Bakery Cafe (Jefferson Park)
5927 W. Lawrence Ave
- Fall Baking Classes:
- September 9 - Appetizers
- September 25 - Fall Desserts
- October 9 - Everything Pumpkin
1. Before you begin, make sure you have all the ingredients of the recipe. Bad to start then be missing something!
2. Scale all your ingredients before beginning your recipe.
3. Make sure that all your ingredients are at the right temperature. If they need to be at room temperature, take the products out of the refrigerator for a couple hours in advance.
4.Be careful with chocolate, as it can burn easily. Heat it in increments, stirring at all times.
5. When separating eggs make sure to do it while they are very cold.
- Spring-like day followed by snow
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- Sarah Kustok defends father at murder trial
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Malaysia Airlines plane, Flight MH370, still missing
- Chicago pothole 'strike teams,' formed by CDOT crews
- Firefight causes flooding in Irving Park homes
- Gay marriage at center of 81st District GOP race
- CTA: Ventra cards only possible by end of March
- Alvarez, Kirk call to end online sex trafficking
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Man struck by cars in Lincolnwood dies, police say
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits 34 min ago