Homemade chocolate treats from Old Town's Delightful Pastry and Bakery Cafe
September 1, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- No need to be a master pastry chef to make scrumptious chocolate treats at home. Chef Dobra Bielinski of Delightful Pastry and Bakery Cafe shares her tricks and recipes to make chocolate truffles, chocolate cream pie and chocolate Liegeois.
- Chocolate Truffles with Bourbon
- Chocolate Pudding/Custard (filling for Chocolate Cream Pie and Chocolate Liegeois)
Delightful Pastry and Bakery Cafe (Old Town)
1710 N. Wells
Delightful Pastry and Bakery Cafe (Chicago French Market)
131 N. Clinton Ave
Delightful Pastry and Bakery Cafe (Jefferson Park)
5927 W. Lawrence Ave
- Fall Baking Classes:
- September 9 - Appetizers
- September 25 - Fall Desserts
- October 9 - Everything Pumpkin
1. Before you begin, make sure you have all the ingredients of the recipe. Bad to start then be missing something!
2. Scale all your ingredients before beginning your recipe.
3. Make sure that all your ingredients are at the right temperature. If they need to be at room temperature, take the products out of the refrigerator for a couple hours in advance.
4.Be careful with chocolate, as it can burn easily. Heat it in increments, stirring at all times.
5. When separating eggs make sure to do it while they are very cold.
- Freezing rain, snow spreads across NW suburbs
- Boy, 11, killed after carjacker crashes into SUV
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood shooting
- Flossmoor boy, 15, charged with murdering older brother
- Albany Park youth orchestra broadens students' horizons
- 400 tuba players perform at Palmer House Hilton
- Families of murdered children gather at St. Sabina
- Holiday posada offers health insurance help in Pilsen
- Funeral held for teacher killed in Indiana roadside crash
- Bruce Rauner wins Cook County GOP endorsement
- hAPPy Holidays from ABC7 Chicago
- abcnews: 4 Arrested in Deadly NJ Mall Carjacking