Halloween treats based on scary movies
October 27, 2011 -- Eat, Drink and Be Scary! For the first-ever October issue, the Taste of Home pairs some of the some of the spookiest classic films with complementary and delicious recipes.
Gather some friends to watch Hocus Pocus and whip up a pitcher of Witches' Brew with Witches' Brooms, a kiwifruit and mint cocktail with pretzel and licorice brooms. Or, for the braver crowd, turn on Dawn of the Dead and serve a platter of Bones and Blood, meringue cookies with chocolate-strawberry dipping sauce.
Last but not least, for those with a little less time to plan the perfect Halloween party is the Ghostly Pirate Cake. Made with a mix, it takes have the time and will still be the perfect centerpiece for any spook-tacular event!
More recipes or to buy Taste of Home, visit tasteofhome.com
- Snow cancels, delays flights at airports
- Deer falls through ice in Willow Springs
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters 9 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bears fans warned about dangerous game weather
- Austin fire destroys building, leaves 10 homeless
- Rod Blagojevich arrest marks 5th anniversary
- Computer science to become CPS core subject
- Police: Evanston drug deal might have led to armed robbery
- Chicago pastor investigated for child sex abuse
- 1 dead, several injured in Racine pile-up
- 2-year-old girl killed by dog on South Side
- Shirley MacLaine on Kennedy Center Honors: 'It's about time'
- 'Frozen' takes top box office spot with $31.6M
- 7 in :77
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos