Halloween treats based on scary movies
October 27, 2011 -- Eat, Drink and Be Scary! For the first-ever October issue, the Taste of Home pairs some of the some of the spookiest classic films with complementary and delicious recipes.
Gather some friends to watch Hocus Pocus and whip up a pitcher of Witches' Brew with Witches' Brooms, a kiwifruit and mint cocktail with pretzel and licorice brooms. Or, for the braver crowd, turn on Dawn of the Dead and serve a platter of Bones and Blood, meringue cookies with chocolate-strawberry dipping sauce.
Last but not least, for those with a little less time to plan the perfect Halloween party is the Ghostly Pirate Cake. Made with a mix, it takes have the time and will still be the perfect centerpiece for any spook-tacular event!
More recipes or to buy Taste of Home, visit tasteofhome.com
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase 3 min ago
- Missing plane may have created seismic event, Chinese researchers say 8 min ago
- Falling ice smashes car windshield in West Loop
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 43 min ago
- Rat problem could increase with spring thaw
- MS Awareness Month events in Chicago area
- Catalytic converters stolen from cars in Chicago Lawn
- I-55 rest stop dedicated to fallen state trooper
- Priest: Billboard with assault weapon 'disrespectful'
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Philly Airport
- Potholes prompt revamped street paving plan
- CPS student's murder remains unsolved 5 years later
- Armed robberies prompt alert in South Shore
- abcnews: Cracked Dam Leads to Human Remains
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
43 min ago