No boring applesauce here! This latke topper is brightly colored, slightly tart, and a perfect complement for the crispy latkes.
I have been making this garnet-colored applesauce for years. When my kids were younger, I made large batches and served it as a healthy snack.
Yields 11/2 to 2 quarts applesauce
- 6 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup apple cider or juice
- Pinch of kosher salt
1. Place all of the ingredients in a medium saucepan.
2. Cook uncovered over medium heat until the cranberries pop and the excess moisture evaporates. The applesauce may be stored covered in the refrigerator for up to one week or frozen for up to 2 months.
- Boy critical after 90 minutes underwater in pond
- Blackhawks lose heartbreaking 3OT STL Game 1
- Boy, 9, recovering from East Chicago pit bull attack
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Lawsuit filed against cops accused of lying in court
- I-Team: Misconduct alleged at US Marshal's office
- I-Team: Warning about home loans
- Huntley votes to ban e-cigarettes in schools
- Man shot in Lincoln Square
- Beverly mom, children found safe in Wisconsin
- CTA Belmont bypass plan could affect 16 buildings
- Photos released in Yellow Line attack
- Investigation continues after boy dies in Whiting hit-and-run
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos