Grilled Herbed Chicken, Smoked Cheddar and amber beer sauce, tossed with cavatappi
Executive Sous Chef from Jack Binion's Steak House at Horseshoe Casino has a few ideas for dishes that are easy to transport.
6 skinless/boneless chicken breasts
1 box cavatappi pasta, cooked, rinsed and cooled
4 oz olive oil
2 tbsp dried rosemary
2 tbsp dried thyme
2 oz fresh garlic chopped
Salt/pepper to taste
3 cups smoked cheddar cheese, shredded
1 bottle amber style beer
2 cups heavy cream
1 bunch scallions, sliced
1. Marinate chicken breasts in olive oil, dry herbs and garlic for 4-6 hours prior.
2. Season chicken breasts on both sides and grill on stovetop grill or outdoor grill turning occasionally until done, 160F internal temp. Let cool.
3. Dice cooked chicken in 1x1 inch cubes.
4. Heat heavy cream and beer over med heat until starts to boil and reduce by 1/3.
5. Add 2 cups of shredded smoked cheddar slowly and stirring constantly, so cheese does not stick. Sauce should start to thicken up.
6. Add chicken and pasta to sauce combining well. Transfer in casserole dish and sprinkle remaining cheese on top. Garnish with sliced scallions.
Tip: Sauce, chicken, and pasta can be cooked night before and assembled next day.
- Baby found in car seat pronounced dead
- Thousands expected at Our Lady of Guadalupe shrine
- Video: I-Team Thursday at 10
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Wind Chill Advisory in effect for city, suburbs
- Chicago Skyway reopened after 5 injured in accident
- Renee Fleming, Yo Yo Ma celebrate CPS arts program
- Mariano's to hold 3 job fairs this week in city, suburbs
- Chicago Children's Choir alumni reunite to honor Mandela
- Family searching for missing Lansing man
- 2 moms seek answers in sons' police shooting deaths
- Stanley Wrice, alleged police torture victim, released from...
- Man sues, alleging victimization by convicted priest
- abcnews: How Tom Hanks became Walt Disney