Organic English Cucumber salad, white balsamic vinaigrette, toasted marcona almonds
Executive Sous Chef from Jack Binion's Steak House at Horseshoe Casino has a few ideas for dishes that are easy to transport.
6 seedless cucumbers, sliced in half, then 1/4 in on angle
6 roma tomatoes, cut into 8ths
Half red onion, med. Dice
1 cup white balsamic vinegar
6 basil leaves
1/2 cup chopped garlic
1/4 cup honey
3 cups olive oil
Salt/pepper to taste
1/2 cup marcona almonds
1. Combine vinegar, honey, basil, garlic well. Using hand mixer or wire whisk slowly drizzle olive oil into mixture until emulsified. Should not separate. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Combine veggies and toss with dressing in salad bowl.
3. In 350F oven, place almonds on cookie sheet and toast for 3-4 min. Season with salt and pepper. Let cool
4. Garnish with toasted almonds
Tip: Always remember proper ratio for vinaigrette is 3:1 oil to vinegar.
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood shooting 57 min ago
- Ice to slicken roads before snow rolls in
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bensenville police shooting injures man
- Police: Drunk driver crashes into squard car
- Siblings becoming guardians of disabled adults
- Tonsil surgery tragedy judge orders life support for girl, 13 48 min ago
- Nigeria mass wedding marries 1,111 couples\ 34 min ago
- Chicago art exhibit celebrates food
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- Midlothian auto supply store burglarized 3 times in 1 night
- abcnews: Feds: Woman caught after 36 years on run
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood...
57 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos