Crispy Fried Leeks
Executive Sous Chef from Jack Binion's Steak House at Horseshoe Casino has a few ideas for dishes that are easy to transport.
4 leeks, lower white parts only
1 qt vegetable oil
Salt/pepper to taste
2 cups flour
1. Season Flour with salt and pepper.
2. Cut off top green parts of leeks. Will not use
3. Cut lower white part of leeks in half length wise
4. Now turn and slice into long, thin strips.
5. Coat with seasoned flour.
6. Place oil into dutch oven or sauté pan. Turn on heat on high.
7. Add floured leeks, shaking off excess flour first.
8. As oil heats, leeks will begin to fry and float. When crispy, around 3 to 5 minutes, carefully pull from oil with slotted spoon. Place on paper towel to drain. Season with salt and pepper again.
9. Use as garnish for braised pork with polenta
Tips: Using cold oil in pan, place floured leeks in cold oil and turn on heat, as oil heats up, leeks begin to fry and crisp without burning.
Tips: Leeks can be fried up to day in advance, just keep wrapped air tight.
- Boy, 12, killed in hit-and-run in Whiting
- Meeting addresses consequences of 'sexting'
- Police: Suspicious item on LSD was sleeping bag
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Grand jury indicts Lake Station mayor, wife
- Police release sketch in Albany Park attempted kidnapping
- Chicago boy remembered 1 year after suspicious death
- Lyons residents respond to police cuts
- Kirk introduces stroke research, treatment legislation
- Bond denied for suspect in Boystown sex assault
- Tavern shutdown racially motivated, owner says
- School bus collides with car, then sign in Bartlett
- Hero officers save two boys from West Pullman fire
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos