Chicago comfort, soul food from BJ's
February 13, 2012 -- ABC7 Chicago honors area businesses that are owned and operated by African Americans during Black History Month, such as BJ's Market and Bakery.
BJ's Market opened in May of 1997 and specializes in soul and southern comfort food. John Meyer has watched his business grow over the last 14 years. He shares recipes of some of his more popular dishes.
BJ's Market & Bakery
8734 South Stony Island Avenue
Chicago, Illinois 60617
1156 West 79th Street
- Snow, bitter cold to make for messy commute
- Office Depot moving OfficeMax HQ from Naperville to FL
- School, Emergency Closings
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Crews battle large fire in unoccupied Skokie building
- Groupon founder to donate half his wealth to charity
- Mega Millions winning numbers drawn for $344M
- Store owner shoots, kills alleged robber on SE Side
- Video released of multi-vehicle pile-up near Milwaukee
- Public hearing discusses Ashland bus-only lane
- Lake Zurich lockdowns lifted after reported student with weapons
- Derrick Smith wants case thrown out for being too 'vague'
- Santa visits cancer patient at Northwestern Hospital
- abcnews: Dog thwarts mail delivery for over a year