Parisienne Gnocchi with Chantrelle Mushrooms
February 26, 2012 (WLS) -- This recipe is courtesy of Jennifer Kim.
6 oz Water
3 oz Butter
1 cup Flour
1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
2 Tbsp Parsley, Chopped
1 Tbsp Tarragon, Chopped
1 Tbsp Mint, Chopped
1 Tbsp Kosher Salt
4 oz Parmesan, Shredded
3 - 4 Eggs
2 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
1 Tbsp Butter
5 oz Chantrelle Mushrooms
1. Clean mushrooms, and set aside.
2. In a medium saucepan, bring water and butter to a simmer.
3. Add flour all at once, and stir mixture until it forms into a soft ball.
4. Place dough in a mixer with a paddle attachment, and add mustard, herbs and salt; mix on low speed for a few seconds.
5. Add cheese, and mix for 15 seconds.
6. With mixer on low, add eggs one at a time, waiting until the previous one is well-incorporated. (All the eggs may not need to be used; the dough should be pliable but not sticky.)
7. Test the consistency: scoop a little bit of dough up with a rubber spatula, and it should slide off without sticking.
9. Place mixture into a disposable pastry bag; snip off the tip (the opening should be a little smaller than the circumfrence of a dime).
10. In a large saucepot, bring water up to a light simmer.
11. Holding the piping bag over the lip of the pot, carefully start piping the dough into the water, and cut it at 3/4-inch intervals with a sharp paring knife.
12. Once gnocchi float to the top of the pot, let them simmer for 2 minutes.
13. Using a slotted spoon, carefully scoop out the gnocchi, and place onto a sheet pan; refrigerate for 15 minutes or until cool.
14. Heat up a small skillet or saute pan over high heat.
15. Add a little oil and a tablespoon of butter to the pan.
16. Add cooled gnocchi, making sure not to overcrowd the skillet.
17. Let them brown in the pan on one side before tossing them.
18. Once gnocchi are adequately browned, add the chantrelle, and saute until mushrooms are tender.
19. Season with salt and pepper.
- Chicago honors military in Memorial Day Parade
- Memorial Day Road Race benefits military families
- 17-year-old boy killed in Austin shooting
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 'Electric Daisy Carnival' keeping area residents up all night
- Man charged for arson, burglary of $1.5 million boat 30 min ago
- FEMA teams look for flood damage on South Side
- Jackson, Rainbow PUSH Coalition criticize school closings 41 min ago
- Joliet man facing child porn charges
- Missouri freight train crash injures at least 7, collapses...
- Robbie Rogers heading to Galaxy as league's 1st openly gay...
- Second video allegedly shows guard push student
- New York police investigating Amanda Bynes' assault allegations
- abcnews: Drivers Can't Face Fears, Get Lift Across...
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos