April 8, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- This recipe courtesy of Peapod's Tony Stallone.
2 Ripe but Firm Avocados, peeled, pitted and diced
1 tblsp Chopped Shallots
1 tblsp Olive Oil
2 cups Chicken Stock (preferably low sodium)
1 cup Heavy Cream
Salt and Pepper to taste
1/4 tsp Ground Nutmeg
1 Roma Tomato, seeded and diced
Puree avocado in a blender or food processor until smooth.
Sautee chopped shallots in olive oil until tender but not brown; set aside to cool.
In a large bowl, whisk together avocado with chicken stock, heavy cream and shallots until smooth.
Stir in salt, pepper (word of caution here depending on the chicken stock you use no salt may be needed) and nutmeg; adjust seasonings to taste.
Chill for at least half an hour before serving.
Garnish with diced tomato and whole wheat croutons
- 5 injured in Roseland bus stop accident
- Illinois mumps outbreak puts health officials on alert
- CFD rescues elderly man from Roseland house fire
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Carol Stream man found guilty of child sex abuse
- Missing Aurora teen mom, baby girl found safe
- Pitbull added to Illinois State Fair lineup
- Car crashes into Richton Park currency exchange
- CTA suing taggers, parents for graffiti cleanup
- Bicyclist killed in Roselle identified as Efrain Diaz-Torres
- Blue Angels to return for Air and Water Show
- Photos: The 10 worst jobs for 2014
- Photos: Earth Day 2014
- abcnews: Officer Caught Tripping Kids at Soccer Game
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos