April 8, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- This recipe courtesy of Peapod's Tony Stallone.
2 Ripe but Firm Avocados, peeled, pitted and diced
1 tblsp Chopped Shallots
1 tblsp Olive Oil
2 cups Chicken Stock (preferably low sodium)
1 cup Heavy Cream
Salt and Pepper to taste
1/4 tsp Ground Nutmeg
1 Roma Tomato, seeded and diced
Puree avocado in a blender or food processor until smooth.
Sautee chopped shallots in olive oil until tender but not brown; set aside to cool.
In a large bowl, whisk together avocado with chicken stock, heavy cream and shallots until smooth.
Stir in salt, pepper (word of caution here depending on the chicken stock you use no salt may be needed) and nutmeg; adjust seasonings to taste.
Chill for at least half an hour before serving.
Garnish with diced tomato and whole wheat croutons
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders 44 min ago
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 53 min ago
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago
- Gov. Quinn looks back on 2013 41 min ago
- New Illinois driving laws in 2014 on speed, electronics
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods 58 min ago
- 'I-55 Bandit' pleads guilty to robbery charge
- Employees, customers prepare Dominick's final days 2 min ago
- Briggs' status still up in air for Bears
- Kanye West opens pop-up store in Chicago
- Weekender Report by Roz Varon 54 min ago
- abcnews: Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Caught on Tape
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
53 min ago
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop...
44 min ago
- Gov. Quinn looks back on 2013
41 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos