Kentucky Derby Recipes: Benedictine Sandwiches
Kentucky Derby-inspired recipes from South Branch Tavern & Grille in Chicago
- Benedictine Spread
- 1 large cucumber
- 12 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 Tbs onion, grated
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 Tbs mayonnaise
- Pinch of Cayenne pepper
- Green food coloring (optional)
Pare, grate and drain cucumber.
Combine with remaining ingredients in food processor.
Serve as is or as a sandwich or canape spread.
Spread on white bread or any preferable bread.
- Snow followed by extreme cold in city, suburbs
- Mega Millions winning numbers drawn; no winner
- Barrington Hills school bus crashes with snow plow
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Cops: Drunk ambulance driver caused Uptown crash
- Sen. Kirk released after gall bladder surgery
- Stanley Wrice, alleged police torture victim, released from... 52 min ago
- Attempted child abduction on Chicago's Southwest Side
- EB 80/94 reopens at Cline after multi-vehicle crash
- DiGiorno pizza drops Wisconsin dairy farm over cow abuse video
- Illinois bids for Boeing plant
- Frozen hydrants hamper CFD firefighters
- What electronics will be under your tree?
- abcnews: How Tom Hanks became Walt Disney