Kentucky Derby Recipes: Benedictine Sandwiches
Kentucky Derby-inspired recipes from South Branch Tavern & Grille in Chicago
- Benedictine Spread
- 1 large cucumber
- 12 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 Tbs onion, grated
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 Tbs mayonnaise
- Pinch of Cayenne pepper
- Green food coloring (optional)
Pare, grate and drain cucumber.
Combine with remaining ingredients in food processor.
Serve as is or as a sandwich or canape spread.
Spread on white bread or any preferable bread.
- 4 girls, 1 boy shot in Park Manor drive-by
- Woman killed in West Side hit-and-run
- Chicago shootings: 9 dead, 35 hurt since Friday night
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 2 officers hurt in Calumet Heights rollover crash 16 min ago
- Motorized wheelchair stolen from Ondelee Perteet 40 min ago
- Blackhawks Seabrook suspended 3 games
- Wizards rally past Bulls in Game 1
- Parishioners find inspiration in Cardinal George
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge 43 min ago
- Chicago shootings: 6 dead, 24 hurt since Friday night
- Police: One dead, one critical after South Lawndale shooting
- Rubin Carter dead at 76; boxer 'Hurricane' exonerated in triple... 3 min ago
- abcnews: Russia 'Outraged' by Deadly Ukraine Shootout
- 7 in :77
55 min ago