Kentucky Derby Recipes: Garlic Cheese Grits
Kentucky Derby-inspired recipes from South Branch Tavern & Grille in Chicago
- 3 1/2 Cup water
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 cup ground corn grits
- 4 Tbs butter, diced
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 1/3 lb aged cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup garlic, miced
- Cayenne pepper to taste
Procedure: In a sauce pot bring water to a boil with salt and slowly add the grits stirring while you add.
Reduce heat and simmer until thickened about 15 minutes.
Take off stove and add butter, cheese, garlic, egg yolks and seasonings mix well.
Place in container in and cover to keep warm.
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Tinley Park hosts St. Patrick's Day parade
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park 14 min ago
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party
- Ford Motor leader William Clay Ford dead
- Illinois halts plan to require ATV permits
- Mexican culture celebrated at Navy Pier
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos