Kentucky Derby Recipes: Garlic Cheese Grits
Kentucky Derby-inspired recipes from South Branch Tavern & Grille in Chicago
- 3 1/2 Cup water
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 cup ground corn grits
- 4 Tbs butter, diced
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 1/3 lb aged cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup garlic, miced
- Cayenne pepper to taste
Procedure: In a sauce pot bring water to a boil with salt and slowly add the grits stirring while you add.
Reduce heat and simmer until thickened about 15 minutes.
Take off stove and add butter, cheese, garlic, egg yolks and seasonings mix well.
Place in container in and cover to keep warm.
- Baby found in car seat pronounced dead
- Thousands expected at Our Lady of Guadalupe shrine
- Video: I-Team Thursday at 10
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Wind Chill Advisory in effect for city, suburbs
- Chicago Skyway reopened after 5 injured in accident
- Renee Fleming, Yo Yo Ma celebrate CPS arts program
- Mariano's to hold 3 job fairs this week in city, suburbs
- Chicago Children's Choir alumni reunite to honor Mandela
- Family searching for missing Lansing man
- 2 moms seek answers in sons' police shooting deaths
- Stanley Wrice, alleged police torture victim, released from...
- Man sues, alleging victimization by convicted priest
- abcnews: How Tom Hanks became Walt Disney