Tea-Brined Chicken Breasts
June 3, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A recipe from Peapod's Tony Stallone.
4 Bonless Chicken Breasts
4 Green tea bags
2T Salt Kosher
2T Brown Sugar
4 to 6 Rosemary Sprigs
1t Peppercorns whole
Steep tea in water for 3 minutes.
Add salt, sugar, rosemary and peppercorns stir to dissolve.
Let cool 5 minutes.
In a one gallon zipper lock liquid and chicken breasts.
Refrigerate 1 to 2 hours or longer up to 24 hours.
Remove from bag, rinse and pat dry.
Grill over med high heat 3 to 4 minutes per side or until done.
Tip: Brined meats will cook faster so adjust your cooking times.
- 2 officers struck by car in West Side alley
- Gacy investigation helps ID bones of man missing since 1978
- Van driver dies in fiery CTA bus crash, ID'd as Eric West, Jr.
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- BNSF Metra trains stopped between Cicero, Western 3 min ago
- Loyola: Student Lucas Fleisher found OK 21 min ago
- Carla Oglesby, ex-Todd Stroger aide, gets 6.5 years
- Chase preceded Roseland bus stop crash that injured 5
- Iceberg twice size of Atlanta drifts away from Antarctica 34 min ago
- Man arrested after Kilbourn Park standoff with kids, dog
- Maywood man charged in fatal West Side hit-and-run
- Park Ridge pole crash causes power outage
- Tractor stolen from Beecher exotic-animal shelter
- 1957 murder convict Jack McCullough files appeal
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos