Tea-Brined Chicken Breasts
June 3, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A recipe from Peapod's Tony Stallone.
4 Bonless Chicken Breasts
4 Green tea bags
2T Salt Kosher
2T Brown Sugar
4 to 6 Rosemary Sprigs
1t Peppercorns whole
Steep tea in water for 3 minutes.
Add salt, sugar, rosemary and peppercorns stir to dissolve.
Let cool 5 minutes.
In a one gallon zipper lock liquid and chicken breasts.
Refrigerate 1 to 2 hours or longer up to 24 hours.
Remove from bag, rinse and pat dry.
Grill over med high heat 3 to 4 minutes per side or until done.
Tip: Brined meats will cook faster so adjust your cooking times.
- Chicago Weather: Snow creates messy commute 27 min ago
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- I-Team: Illinois state spy secret revealed
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Julius Peppers contract terminated by Chicago Bears
- Son goes on trial in man's beating, stabbing death
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Appeals court accepts transcripts of Blago FBI wiretaps
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines under way
- MH370, missing Malaysia Airlines plane, gone 4 days 37 min ago
- San Francisco fire at Mission Bay construction site contained
- Man writes own, hilarious obituary 16 min ago
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap
- Chicago Weather: Snow creates messy commute
27 min ago