Prep: 30 min. Grill: 30 min.
- 1 1/2 lbs. ground beef sirloin
- 4 oz. bulk Italian sausage
- 1 tsp. dried oregano, crushed
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 4 thin slices mozzarella cheese
- 16 thin slices pepperoni
- 8 thin slices hard salami
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup sliced pitted ripe olives
- 1/8 tsp. crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach leaves
- 4 ciabatta rolls, split and toasted
- 1/4 cup purchased marinara sauce, warmed
- 1 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese curls (optional)
In a large bowl, combine ground beef, sausage, oregano, salt, and black pepper; use your clean hands to mix lightly.
Divide meat mixture into eight portions. On a tray or baking sheet, shape each portion into a 4 1/2-inch-diameter patty. Divide mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, salami, basil, and olives among four of the patties. If desired, sprinkle with crushed red pepper. Top with the remaining four patties, pressing edges to seal well.
For a charcoal grill, arrange medium-hot coals around a drip pan. Check for medium heat above the pan. Place burgers on grill rack over drip pan. Cover and grill about 30 minutes or until done (160°F).* (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Adjust for indirect cooking. Place burgers on grill rack over unlit burner. Grill as above.)
To assemble, place spinach leaves on bun bottoms. Add a burger to each bun bottom. Top burgers with warmed marinara sauce and, if desired, Parmesan cheese. Add bun tops, cut sides down. Makes 4 servings.
Each serving: 791 cal, 48 g fat, 145 mg chol, 1592 mg sodium, 32 g carb, 2 g fiber, 57 g pro
- Snow followed by extreme cold in city, suburbs
- Mega Millions winning numbers drawn for $344M
- What electronics will be under your tree? 28 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- EB 80/94 closed at Cline by multi-vehicle crash 11 min ago
- Illinois bids for Boeing plant
- Frozen hydrants hamper CFD firefighters
- Office Depot moving OfficeMax HQ from Naperville to FL
- Skokie fire lights up sky 59 min ago
- Groupon founder to donate half his wealth to charity
- Public hearing discusses Ashland bus-only lane
- Store owner shoots, kills alleged robber on SE Side
- Video released of multi-vehicle pile-up near Milwaukee
- abcnews: Dog thwarts mail delivery for over a year
- What electronics will be under your tree?
28 min ago