Ty Pennington to stop by Naperville Ribfest
June 29, 2012 (PRESS RELEASE) -- Ty Pennington will join grilling and outdoor living authority Sears to heat up one of Chicagoland's most beloved summer events - Ribfest - June 30.
From noon to 6 p.m. Ribfest attendees can experience expert Sears grilling demonstrations, take a photo with Pennington, win an hour to grill with him, and enter to win a grill and other great prizes. Joining Pennington at the Sears "Grilling is Happiness" tent are some of the nation's most knowledgeable grillers. Television host and author George Hirsch, "Grill Grrrl" Robyn Lindars, and "Burnin' Love BBQ" chef Perry Perkins will demonstrate their favorite dishes, including healthy meals, quick fixes, desserts and BBQ classics. All three are regular contributors to the new Sears Grilling is Happiness blog - an online community aimed at uniting novice and expert grillers with inspiring recipes and advice.
Grilled Coconut Rum French Toast with Grilled Peaches- Ty Pennington/Robyn Lindars Grilling Demo
non stick spray
Whole Loaf Bread (white, italian, challah- brioche is great too- sliced in thick pieces, about 3/4'" inch)
Eggs (5-6 for the entire loaf)
1 tsp vanilla
1 tbsp cinnamon
2 tbsp (or more)milk
3 tbsp Coconut rum For grilled fruit:
5 ripe peaches, sliced in half
1 tbsp brown sugar In addition:
One package Jimmy Dean Breakfast Sausage Links
Before preheating your grill to medium heat, spray non-stick spray on the grates. This will cut down on the bread sticking.
1) beat your eggs and add the milk, vanilla Before preheating your grill to medium heat, spray non-stick spray on the grates. This will cut down on the bread sticking.
2) beat your eggs and add the milk, vanilla, cinnamon and optional triple sec to the mixture.
3) dip slices in egg mixture and make sure they get good and saturated
4) once the grill is good and hot at medium, place your slices on the grill and cook until there are grill marks on one side. Be careful not to burn and then switch sides.
5) Grill sausage and fruit at the same time until char marks form. Serve French toast with the sausage, grilled fruit and whipped cream on the French toast.
- Oklahoma tornado death toll in Moore at 24 18 min ago
- Chicago Weather: Storms sweep through area
- ID sought for woman's body burned in Avondale Dumpster
- 2 charged in Markham man's murder
- 3 vehicles involved in Oswego head-on collision
- CTA robberies reported at Loop train stations
- Wife douses husband with beer after Wrigley home run
- Detroit Red Wings beat Chicago Blackhawks 3-1
- I-Team: Expanded gambling in Illinois
- Photos: Milwaukee Pug Fest 2013
- abcnews: 200-Lbs. Bear Pulled From Colorado Springs...
- 7 in :77
- Oklahoma tornado death toll in Moore at 24
18 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos