Tuscan Grilled Salmon with Grilled Asparagus
July 6, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Ditch the hot dogs and the hamburgers. Backyard barbecues are an excellent opportunity to serve healthy, better for you dishes.
Yield: 4 servings
Applying a dry rub to the outside of the salmon completely transforms the fish's flavor! Grilling asparagus is also a great way to intensify the flavor of this vegetable.
4 - 6 oz pieces of boneless and skinless wild-caught salmon fillet
1 ½ teaspoons Italian herb blend
¼ teaspoon ground coriander
½ teaspoon ground fennel (may need to grind your own in a spice grinder)
½ teaspoon salt
¾ teaspoon ground black pepper
2 bunches thin asparagus, with the bottom 2 inches trimmed off
2 garlic cloves, minced
5 Tablespoons olive oil
1/3 cup chopped kalamata olives
1 Tablespoon small capers
2 Tablespoons minced parsley (Italian preferably)
2 ½ teaspoons lemon juice
- Combine Italian herb blend, coriander, fennel, ½ teaspoon black pepper, and ¼ teaspoon salt in a bowl. Sprinkle on the salmon fillets.
- Rub asparagus with 2 Tablespoons olive oil, ¼ teaspoon of salt, ¼ teaspoon of black pepper and garlic.
- Combine 2 Tablespoons olive oil, kalamata olives, capers, parsley, and lemon juice. Reserve.
- Rub salmon with 1 Tablespoon of olive oil. Gill over medium high heat until the salmon is moist but cooked (about 3-4 minutes per side depending on the thickness of the salmon). At the same time, grill the asparagus until it is al dente.
- Place asparagus on the bottom of a platter. Top with salmon and then the olive/caper mixture.
- Brutal cold grips Chicago, suburbs 11 min ago
- Man shot to death in Logan Square
- Video: I-Team Thursday at 10
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Stanley Wrice, alleged police torture victim, released from... 57 min ago
- Baby who died after being left home alone ID'd 1 min ago
- Indiana schools delayed by cold snap
- Man arrested in shooting of Garfield Park pharmacist
- Chicago artist created pope's image for Time cover
- Cozmanoff guilty in guard's hit-and-run death
- United Airlines keeps naming rights for United Center
- Metra UP West train delayed by freight train
- Mariano's to hold 3 job fairs this week in city, suburbs
- South Shore Line trains delayed by cold
- 7 in 77