Chef Julius' Haricot Vert
July 24, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- (French Green Beans)
1lb French green beans (rinsed and tips removed on one end)
2Tb Giangrandi Gourmet Extra Virgin Olive Oil
½ tsp Chef Julius' Salt Blend
1tsp Etnia Merquen Spice Blend (optional)
½ lemon (zest and juice)
2T kosher salt or sea salt for blanching
Bring a large pot to a boil and add the kosher salt
Add the beans and boil 5-7 min. Use a slotted spoon and place beans in an ice bath.
The ice bath will stop the cooking process. Place beans on a paper towel and let drain.
Heat a sauté pan on med-high heat for 2min. Add the olive oil. Heat 2min more.
Add the beans and sauté for 3-5min. Add the merquen spice & Chef Julius' Salt Blend. Sauté for 2min more.
Remove the beans and sprinkle with lemon zest
- Boy Scouts to lift ban on openly gay scouts
- Antwone Price's body found in West Englewood car
- PETA honors Lombard firefighters for duck rescue
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Evanston school takes action after reports of 'sexting' 53 min ago
- CPS security guard allegedly pushed a student down stairs 21 min ago
- Zachary Fardon nominated for US Attorney
- CTU aims to have Emanuel ousted in 2015
- Bryeon Hunter mom pleads not guilty in death of son
- Villa Park suspect grabbed girl, 13, police say
- Slide tips over, injures 6 Algonquin Lakes students
- Monk accused in Antioch child luring out on bond 44 min ago
- Chicago fast food workers protest for higher wages
- abcnews: IRS' Lois Lerner Placed on Leave
- Trump trumps grandmother in legal battle
29 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos