Chef Julius' Haricot Vert
July 24, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- (French Green Beans)
1lb French green beans (rinsed and tips removed on one end)
2Tb Giangrandi Gourmet Extra Virgin Olive Oil
½ tsp Chef Julius' Salt Blend
1tsp Etnia Merquen Spice Blend (optional)
½ lemon (zest and juice)
2T kosher salt or sea salt for blanching
Bring a large pot to a boil and add the kosher salt
Add the beans and boil 5-7 min. Use a slotted spoon and place beans in an ice bath.
The ice bath will stop the cooking process. Place beans on a paper towel and let drain.
Heat a sauté pan on med-high heat for 2min. Add the olive oil. Heat 2min more.
Add the beans and sauté for 3-5min. Add the merquen spice & Chef Julius' Salt Blend. Sauté for 2min more.
Remove the beans and sprinkle with lemon zest
- Teenager sexually assaulted in Logan Square 22 min ago
- Wrong-way driver collides with semi on Skyway 14 min ago
- Mayor to expand repaving initiative for potholes
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Pfleger wants 'American' billboard with assault weapon removed 6 min ago
- Girl, 3, ID'd after fatal Rogers Park mattress fire
- Tinley Park HS teacher resigns after sex assault charges
- Man shot to death in Hammond
- Man charged with murder for South Side bar shooting
- Chicago-Portland flight allegedly disrupted by man who wanted 4...
- Sign of Spring: Original Rainbow Cone now open
- NJ judge rules moms don't have to let dads in delivery room
- Photos: 'Modern Family' house on market for $2.35M
- abcnews: Amazon Accused of Cheating on Free Shipping