Chef Julius' Haricot Vert
July 24, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- (French Green Beans)
1lb French green beans (rinsed and tips removed on one end)
2Tb Giangrandi Gourmet Extra Virgin Olive Oil
½ tsp Chef Julius' Salt Blend
1tsp Etnia Merquen Spice Blend (optional)
½ lemon (zest and juice)
2T kosher salt or sea salt for blanching
Bring a large pot to a boil and add the kosher salt
Add the beans and boil 5-7 min. Use a slotted spoon and place beans in an ice bath.
The ice bath will stop the cooking process. Place beans on a paper towel and let drain.
Heat a sauté pan on med-high heat for 2min. Add the olive oil. Heat 2min more.
Add the beans and sauté for 3-5min. Add the merquen spice & Chef Julius' Salt Blend. Sauté for 2min more.
Remove the beans and sprinkle with lemon zest
- Driver charged after bicyclist killed in Douglas Park accident
- Freeze hits Chicago area, snow expected Sunday
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Young singer with autism releases inspirational song 33 min ago
- Nelson Mandela remembrances held in Chicago, around world
- ComEd vault fire in West Loop
- Astor House tenants face eviction
- New church opens for fast-growing congregation
- Cancer patient without heat after power shut off
- 'Peeping Tom' caught watching woman before assault
- Dylan's electric guitar sells for nearly $1M
- Photos: Pearl Harbor anniversary
- abcnews: Alleged Cannibal Ran Hotel With Grilling Area 26 min ago
- UL Holiday Safety Tips
29 min ago