Taste of Cuba Cafe's Medianoche
July 29, 2012 (CHICAGO) -- Jamie Alvarez, owner or Taste of Cuba Café, came into our ABC7 studio to show us how to make the Cuban Dish "Medianoche."
1 Media Noche bread, sliced open faced
1/2 teaspoon yellow mustard
4 slices kosher pickles
4 slices hickory smoked deli ham
1-2 oz roast pulled pork
1-2 slices white Wisconsin American cheese
Spread the mustard on one side of the bread.
Place the pickle slices on top of the mustard.
Arrange the ham slices evenly on top of the pickles.
Place 1-2 slices of cheese on top of ham.
Layer the pulled pork on top of the cheese so it lays flat.
Top the pork with the other slice of bread.
Place the sandwich on a Panini press at medium heat for 3-5 minutes until the cheese is nicely melted and desired crispness is achieved. Cut on an angle and serve.
- Tanker truck rollover closes eastbound Indiana Toll Road
- Carbon monoxide injures 12 in Skokie
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Larry Lujack dies at 73, wife says body to be donated
- 3 dead in 3 South Side shootings in 3 hours 17 min ago
- Deal requires removal of Chicago 'petcoke' piles
- Rogers Park stabbing seriously injures woman, 21
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- City triples budget to board up closed CPS schools
- Teen dies day after Little Village shooting
- CTA Blue Line train service resumes
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus
- ABC7 To Go 12-19-13
22 min ago