Taste of Cuba Cafe's Medianoche
July 29, 2012 (CHICAGO) -- Jamie Alvarez, owner or Taste of Cuba Café, came into our ABC7 studio to show us how to make the Cuban Dish "Medianoche."
1 Media Noche bread, sliced open faced
1/2 teaspoon yellow mustard
4 slices kosher pickles
4 slices hickory smoked deli ham
1-2 oz roast pulled pork
1-2 slices white Wisconsin American cheese
Spread the mustard on one side of the bread.
Place the pickle slices on top of the mustard.
Arrange the ham slices evenly on top of the pickles.
Place 1-2 slices of cheese on top of ham.
Layer the pulled pork on top of the cheese so it lays flat.
Top the pork with the other slice of bread.
Place the sandwich on a Panini press at medium heat for 3-5 minutes until the cheese is nicely melted and desired crispness is achieved. Cut on an angle and serve.
- Kane County relocating animals from Hampshire farm
- Jury deliberates in Allan Kustok murder trial 43 min ago
- Flight 370: Missing Malaysia plane search expands 28 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- Illini grad Mike Hopkins lands after 6 months in space 44 min ago
- $7 million shoplifting suspect due in court, parents jailed
- 5 hurt in crash on Aurora bridge
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- Photos: Highest-paid musicians, according to...
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos