Taste of Cuba Cafe's Medianoche
July 29, 2012 (CHICAGO) -- Jamie Alvarez, owner or Taste of Cuba Café, came into our ABC7 studio to show us how to make the Cuban Dish "Medianoche."
1 Media Noche bread, sliced open faced
1/2 teaspoon yellow mustard
4 slices kosher pickles
4 slices hickory smoked deli ham
1-2 oz roast pulled pork
1-2 slices white Wisconsin American cheese
Spread the mustard on one side of the bread.
Place the pickle slices on top of the mustard.
Arrange the ham slices evenly on top of the pickles.
Place 1-2 slices of cheese on top of ham.
Layer the pulled pork on top of the cheese so it lays flat.
Top the pork with the other slice of bread.
Place the sandwich on a Panini press at medium heat for 3-5 minutes until the cheese is nicely melted and desired crispness is achieved. Cut on an angle and serve.
- Beverly mom Jamie Duignan, children found safe in eastern Wisconsin 5 min ago
- Truck driver released after boy dies in Ind. hit-and-run
- Lake Station mayor, family plead not guilty to corruption charges
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- South Korea ferry sinks; 287 missing, at least 9 dead
- Boy, 15, charged as adult in South Side shooting
- Waukegan couple's spat yields 16-officer response, 2 hurt
- Man stabbed in back on McKinley Park street
- Blackhawks set for playoffs Thursday with STL Blues Game 1
- Chicago Bulls launch 'SEE RED' playoff campaign
- I-Team: New defendant added in 'El Chapo' case
- Beltran-Leyva gang leader arrested, Mexico says
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
- 7 in :77