Taste of Cuba Cafe's Medianoche
July 29, 2012 (CHICAGO) -- Jamie Alvarez, owner or Taste of Cuba Café, came into our ABC7 studio to show us how to make the Cuban Dish "Medianoche."
1 Media Noche bread, sliced open faced
1/2 teaspoon yellow mustard
4 slices kosher pickles
4 slices hickory smoked deli ham
1-2 oz roast pulled pork
1-2 slices white Wisconsin American cheese
Spread the mustard on one side of the bread.
Place the pickle slices on top of the mustard.
Arrange the ham slices evenly on top of the pickles.
Place 1-2 slices of cheese on top of ham.
Layer the pulled pork on top of the cheese so it lays flat.
Top the pork with the other slice of bread.
Place the sandwich on a Panini press at medium heat for 3-5 minutes until the cheese is nicely melted and desired crispness is achieved. Cut on an angle and serve.
- Memorial Day Road Race benefits military families
- 17-year-old boy killed in Austin shooting
- Deer on tracks halts Blue Line service temporarily
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Joliet man facing child porn charges
- Missouri freight train crash injures at least 7, collapses...
- Robbie Rogers heading to Galaxy as league's 1st openly gay...
- Second video allegedly shows guard push student
- Contaminated injections traced to IL clinic
- Memorial Day travel: Illinois roadways, airports busy
- James Ealy guilty in 2006 Burger King murder
- Concealed carry bill passes Illinois House
- Photos: Skagit River Bridge Collapse on I-5
- abcnews: Drivers Can't Face Fears, Get Lift Across...
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos