Pappardelle with heirloom tomatoes and burrata cheese
Tuesday, August 21, 2012
Cucina Paradiso Restaurant co-owner, Anthony Gambino has some recipe ideas for those fresh, summer tomatoes.
- Kosher salt
- 2 ears corn, shucked
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup of arugula
- 3 cups grape heirloom tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 12 ounces pappardelle pasta
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan, plus more for topping
- Torn basil, for topping
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add the corn and cook until slightly tender, about 3 minutes.
- Remove with tongs, reserving the boiling water.
- Let the corn cool slightly, then cut off the kernels.
- Add olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the tomatoes, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper and cook until the tomatoes soften, about 4 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook 1 more minute.
- Add the wine and cook until reduced by half, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the pappardelle in the corn water.
- Reserve 1 cup of the cooking water, then drain the pasta.
- Add the corn kernels to the skillet and bring to a simmer.
- Add the pasta to the skillet; add the arugula, parmesan, the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Toss to combine, adding the reserved cooking water as needed.
- Season with salt and pepper. Top with more parmesan and basil.
- Frigid temps, sub-zero wind chills settle in 7 min ago
- Nelson Mandela condolence books open, tribute held
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Northern Illinois Huskies fall to Bowling Green 47-27
- Schaumburg woman missing since October found
- Vigil held for Khaseem Greene's cousin killed in NJ
- Blackhawks championship ring offered in raffle
- Family: Boy, 6, suffers post-traumatic stress after shooting
- Girl, 13, charged in Olympia Fields fatal crash that killed boy
- Barrington leader trying to prevent next tanker tragedy
- 'Heart and Soul' - Saturday, Dec. 7, 6 p.m.
- Photos: Christmas Tree Ship arrives at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Made in America 2013: Gift Ideas
- Let's Dish: Chocolate Crepes
58 min ago