Pappardelle with heirloom tomatoes and burrata cheese
Tuesday, August 21, 2012
Cucina Paradiso Restaurant co-owner, Anthony Gambino has some recipe ideas for those fresh, summer tomatoes.
- Kosher salt
- 2 ears corn, shucked
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup of arugula
- 3 cups grape heirloom tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 12 ounces pappardelle pasta
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan, plus more for topping
- Torn basil, for topping
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add the corn and cook until slightly tender, about 3 minutes.
- Remove with tongs, reserving the boiling water.
- Let the corn cool slightly, then cut off the kernels.
- Add olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the tomatoes, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper and cook until the tomatoes soften, about 4 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook 1 more minute.
- Add the wine and cook until reduced by half, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the pappardelle in the corn water.
- Reserve 1 cup of the cooking water, then drain the pasta.
- Add the corn kernels to the skillet and bring to a simmer.
- Add the pasta to the skillet; add the arugula, parmesan, the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Toss to combine, adding the reserved cooking water as needed.
- Season with salt and pepper. Top with more parmesan and basil.
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase
- Senate candidate criticized for trip before election
- Brief warmup followed by snow
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Orr Academy basketball player back in game after shooting
- Body found near Ind. river where woman last seen
- Digital assets becoming part of estate planning
- I-Team: Billionaire arrested on Chicago corruption charges
- Con men targeting Mount Greenwood senior citizens
- Former Will Co. jail inmate sues over alleged excessive force
- State Rep. race in SW suburbs heats up
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday
- Ventra system only way to pay by July 1
- abcnews: Chris Brown Arrested for Violating Probation