Heirloom Tomato salad
Tuesday, August 21, 2012
Cucina Paradiso Restaurant co-owner, Anthony Gambino has some recipe ideas for those fresh, summer tomatoes.
- 3 tablespoons balsamic or red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 pounds mixed firm-ripe heirloom or other tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- Salt and cracked black pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar and oil.
- Rinse and core tomatoes and slice 1/3 to 1/2 inch thick.
- Arrange in layers in an airtight container or on a serving dish, drizzling vinegar mixture and sprinkling mint, basil, salt, and pepper evenly over each layer.
- Cover and chill at least 30 minutes or up to 4 hours.
- Bring to room temperature before serving.
- Snow, bitter cold to make for messy commute
- Office Depot moving OfficeMax HQ from Naperville to FL
- School, Emergency Closings
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 45 min ago
- Crews battle large fire in unoccupied Skokie building 55 min ago
- Groupon founder to donate half his wealth to charity
- Mega Millions winning numbers drawn for $344M
- Store owner shoots, kills alleged robber on SE Side
- Video released of multi-vehicle pile-up near Milwaukee
- Public hearing discusses Ashland bus-only lane
- Lake Zurich lockdowns lifted after reported student with weapons
- Derrick Smith wants case thrown out for being too 'vague'
- Santa visits cancer patient at Northwestern Hospital
- abcnews: Dog thwarts mail delivery for over a year
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
45 min ago