Heirloom Tomato salad
Tuesday, August 21, 2012
Cucina Paradiso Restaurant co-owner, Anthony Gambino has some recipe ideas for those fresh, summer tomatoes.
- 3 tablespoons balsamic or red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 pounds mixed firm-ripe heirloom or other tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- Salt and cracked black pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar and oil.
- Rinse and core tomatoes and slice 1/3 to 1/2 inch thick.
- Arrange in layers in an airtight container or on a serving dish, drizzling vinegar mixture and sprinkling mint, basil, salt, and pepper evenly over each layer.
- Cover and chill at least 30 minutes or up to 4 hours.
- Bring to room temperature before serving.
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder 1 min ago
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters 56 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 1 min ago
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago 19 min ago
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting 17 min ago
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines underway 2 min ago
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as Alderman 32 min ago
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- Illini grad Mike Hopkins lands after 6 months in space
- $7 million shoplifting suspect due in court, parents jailed
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
1 min ago
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010...
1 min ago
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as...
32 min ago
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami...
56 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos