Shrimp in Jameson cream sauce
Adapted from Nighttown Restaurant in Cleveland via Rachel Ray; It's Vegas Baby at Blue Chip Casino, Hotel & Spa
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- Scant ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper (or less, to preference)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 8 ozs button mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 c diced onions
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled, deveined and tails removed
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/4 c Jameson whiskey
- 1 1/2 c heavy cream
1 Combine the butter, cayenne and paprika. Place into a saute pan and melt over medium heat.
2 Add the mushrooms and onions, and cook until softened and slightly browned. Season well with salt and pepper.
3 Take the pan off the heat and add the Jameson. Return to the hear, stirring and scraping the bottom of the pan for just a few seconds until the whiskey is nearly evaporated.
4 Add the cream and cook until reduced by half and thickened.
5 Add the shrimp and cook for 3-4 minutes until cooked through.
- Snow followed by extreme cold in city, suburbs
- Mega Millions winning numbers drawn; no winner
- Barrington Hills school bus crashes with snow plow
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Cops: Drunk ambulance driver caused Uptown crash
- Sen. Kirk released after gall bladder surgery
- Stanley Wrice, alleged police torture victim, released from...
- Attempted child abduction on Chicago's Southwest Side
- EB 80/94 reopens at Cline after multi-vehicle crash
- DiGiorno pizza drops Wisconsin dairy farm over cow abuse video
- Illinois bids for Boeing plant
- Frozen hydrants hamper CFD firefighters
- What electronics will be under your tree?
- abcnews: How Tom Hanks became Walt Disney