Shrimp in Jameson cream sauce
Adapted from Nighttown Restaurant in Cleveland via Rachel Ray; It's Vegas Baby at Blue Chip Casino, Hotel & Spa
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- Scant ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper (or less, to preference)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 8 ozs button mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 c diced onions
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled, deveined and tails removed
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/4 c Jameson whiskey
- 1 1/2 c heavy cream
1 Combine the butter, cayenne and paprika. Place into a saute pan and melt over medium heat.
2 Add the mushrooms and onions, and cook until softened and slightly browned. Season well with salt and pepper.
3 Take the pan off the heat and add the Jameson. Return to the hear, stirring and scraping the bottom of the pan for just a few seconds until the whiskey is nearly evaporated.
4 Add the cream and cook until reduced by half and thickened.
5 Add the shrimp and cook for 3-4 minutes until cooked through.
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- 2 hurt in Edgewater crash
- Near-death experience inspires businessman
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 6 shot at Austin party
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Ford Motor leader William Clay Ford dead
- Medical marijuana law poses workplace dilemma
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Illinois halts plan to require ATV permits
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- Video: Newsviews - Tom Cross
- Video: Newsviews - Bob Grogan
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos