Glenview Oktoberfest: German Potato Salad recipe
One of the world's most famous festivals is underway in Munich, Germany: the annual Oktoberfest. But you don't have to travel overseas to get a taste of Germany. One of the world's most famous festivals is underway in Munich, Germany: the annual Oktoberfest. But you don't have to travel overseas to get a taste of Germany.
Glenview House, theglenviewhouse.com, in downtown Glenview is hosting an all-day tent party on Saturday, September 22, 2012, and it features German food, beer and live music. Chef Grant Slauterbeck came into our ABC7 studio kitchen to tell us all about the event and to show us how to make German dishes.
Oktoberfest September 22, 2012
Tent party 1 p.m. - 11 p.m. Live music from "Die Musikmeisters": 2 p.m. - 5 p.m., 7 p.m. - 10 p.m.
Glenview House 1843 Glenview Road Glenview, IL
- Chef Grant's German Potato Salad
- 6 cups peeled and diced potatoes
- 8 slices apple wood smoked bacon
- 2 small sweet onion diced
- 1/2 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 4T water
- 6T granulated sugar
- 2t salt
- 1/4t black pepper
- 2T fresh chopped parsley
Place the potatoes into a pot, and fill with enough water to cover.
Bring to a boil, and cook for about 10 minutes, or until easily pierced with a fork.
Drain and set aside to cool.
Place the bacon in a large deep skillet over medium-high heat.
Fry until well done and very crispy, turning as needed and careful not to burn.
Remove from the pan and set aside.
Add the onion to the bacon grease, and cook over medium heat until browned.
Add the vinegar, water, sugar, salt and pepper to the pan.
Bring everything to a boil then add the potatoes and parsley.
Hand crumble in half of the bacon.
Heat all the way through, then transfer to a your serving vessel.
Crumble the remaining bacon over the top, and serve warm.
- Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard 20 min ago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Yelp Reviews: Real or Fake?
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Body found in sewer ID'd as missing woman
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
- Scoozi restaurant closing in River North
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend
- Crime scene expert testifies for Kustok defense
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- ABC7's Ravi Baichwal takes part in dance event
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD