Chef Troy's Lobster Stuffed Baby Pumpkin with Chanterelles, Kale, and Cognac Cream
October 7, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A recipe from Chef Troy Graves. Serves 6 as an appetizer.
6 Baby Pumpkins
2 Cups Chopped Lobster Meat
1 Cup Chanterelle Mushrooms
4 Cups Chopped Kale
1 Shallot Minced
1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
1 Cup Grated Gruyere Cheese
Pinch Coleman's Mustard
¼ Cup Cognac
1 Lemon Wedge
Roast Baby Pumpkins in a 350 degree oven until tender.
Cool the pumpkins down, cut off the top and scoop out the seeds.
This step should be done well in advance.
Reheat the pumpkins in oven when ready to serve.
While pumpkins are heating up make the filling.
Saute the lobster meat, mushrooms and shallot with a little olive oil.
Add to pan the mustard, nutmeg and season with salt and pepper to taste.
When mushrooms are soft deglaze pan with cognac, add cream and kale.
Stir until cream has reduced and kale softens.
Stir in cheese to melt and squeeze in lemon.
Place pumpkin on plate and spoon filling inside.
Place top back on.
- Freezing rain, snow spreads across NW suburbs
- Boy, 11, killed after carjacker crashes into SUV
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood shooting
- Flossmoor boy, 15, charged with murdering older brother
- Albany Park youth orchestra broadens students' horizons
- 400 tuba players perform at Palmer House Hilton
- Families of murdered children gather at St. Sabina
- Holiday posada offers health insurance help in Pilsen
- Funeral held for teacher killed in Indiana roadside crash
- Bruce Rauner wins Cook County GOP endorsement
- hAPPy Holidays from ABC7 Chicago
- abcnews: 4 Arrested in Deadly NJ Mall Carjacking