Chef Troy's Lobster Stuffed Baby Pumpkin with Chanterelles, Kale, and Cognac Cream
October 7, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A recipe from Chef Troy Graves. Serves 6 as an appetizer.
6 Baby Pumpkins
2 Cups Chopped Lobster Meat
1 Cup Chanterelle Mushrooms
4 Cups Chopped Kale
1 Shallot Minced
1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
1 Cup Grated Gruyere Cheese
Pinch Coleman's Mustard
¼ Cup Cognac
1 Lemon Wedge
Roast Baby Pumpkins in a 350 degree oven until tender.
Cool the pumpkins down, cut off the top and scoop out the seeds.
This step should be done well in advance.
Reheat the pumpkins in oven when ready to serve.
While pumpkins are heating up make the filling.
Saute the lobster meat, mushrooms and shallot with a little olive oil.
Add to pan the mustard, nutmeg and season with salt and pepper to taste.
When mushrooms are soft deglaze pan with cognac, add cream and kale.
Stir until cream has reduced and kale softens.
Stir in cheese to melt and squeeze in lemon.
Place pumpkin on plate and spoon filling inside.
Place top back on.
- Falling ice smashes car windshield in West Loop 12 min ago
- Teenager sexually assaulted in Logan Square 56 min ago
- Potholes prompt revamped street paving plan 36 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 28 min ago
- Armed robberies prompt alert in South Shore 11 min ago
- CPS student's murder remains unsolved 5 years later 10 min ago
- Ohio Turnpike crash kills 3; Victims ID'd 40 min ago
- Wrong-way driver collides with semi on Skyway
- Quinn makes 1st public event since controversial audit
- Girl, 3, ID'd after fatal Rogers Park mattress fire
- Tinley Park HS teacher resigns after sex assault charges
- Chicago River to be dyed green Saturday morning
- Photos: 'Modern Family' house on market for $2.35M
- abcnews: Gov. Chris Christie Fires Back at Heckler
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
28 min ago
- Falling ice smashes car windshield in West...
12 min ago