Chef Troy's Lobster Stuffed Baby Pumpkin with Chanterelles, Kale, and Cognac Cream
October 7, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A recipe from Chef Troy Graves. Serves 6 as an appetizer.
6 Baby Pumpkins
2 Cups Chopped Lobster Meat
1 Cup Chanterelle Mushrooms
4 Cups Chopped Kale
1 Shallot Minced
1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
1 Cup Grated Gruyere Cheese
Pinch Coleman's Mustard
¼ Cup Cognac
1 Lemon Wedge
Roast Baby Pumpkins in a 350 degree oven until tender.
Cool the pumpkins down, cut off the top and scoop out the seeds.
This step should be done well in advance.
Reheat the pumpkins in oven when ready to serve.
While pumpkins are heating up make the filling.
Saute the lobster meat, mushrooms and shallot with a little olive oil.
Add to pan the mustard, nutmeg and season with salt and pepper to taste.
When mushrooms are soft deglaze pan with cognac, add cream and kale.
Stir until cream has reduced and kale softens.
Stir in cheese to melt and squeeze in lemon.
Place pumpkin on plate and spoon filling inside.
Place top back on.
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Search resumes Sunday for Malaysian jet
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- Mt. Prospect banquet hall closes suddenly
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- 'Project Youth' provides lessons on teen pregnancy, more
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer