Chef Troy's Lobster Stuffed Baby Pumpkin with Chanterelles, Kale, and Cognac Cream
October 7, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A recipe from Chef Troy Graves. Serves 6 as an appetizer.
6 Baby Pumpkins
2 Cups Chopped Lobster Meat
1 Cup Chanterelle Mushrooms
4 Cups Chopped Kale
1 Shallot Minced
1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
1 Cup Grated Gruyere Cheese
Pinch Coleman's Mustard
¼ Cup Cognac
1 Lemon Wedge
Roast Baby Pumpkins in a 350 degree oven until tender.
Cool the pumpkins down, cut off the top and scoop out the seeds.
This step should be done well in advance.
Reheat the pumpkins in oven when ready to serve.
While pumpkins are heating up make the filling.
Saute the lobster meat, mushrooms and shallot with a little olive oil.
Add to pan the mustard, nutmeg and season with salt and pepper to taste.
When mushrooms are soft deglaze pan with cognac, add cream and kale.
Stir until cream has reduced and kale softens.
Stir in cheese to melt and squeeze in lemon.
Place pumpkin on plate and spoon filling inside.
Place top back on.
- Chicago Weather: Brutal cold grips Chicago, suburbs 30 min ago
- Man shot to death in Logan Square 31 min ago
- Video: I-Team Thursday at 10
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Baby who died after being left home alone ID'd
- Man arrested in shooting of Garfield Park pharmacist 2 min ago
- Chicago artist created pope's image for Time cover 21 min ago
- Thousands expected at Our Lady of Guadalupe shrine
- Chicago Skyway reopened after 5 injured in accident
- Renee Fleming, Yo Yo Ma celebrate CPS arts program
- Mariano's to hold 3 job fairs this week in city, suburbs
- Chicago Children's Choir alumni reunite to honor Mandela
- abcnews: 911 calls in Jameis Winston case 1 min ago
- Family searching for missing Lansing man
- Man shot to death in Logan Square
31 min ago
- Ugly Christmas sweater store pops up in...
29 min ago
- Chicago artist created pope's image for...
21 min ago