Baked Oysters Casino Recipe | Shaw's Oyster Fest Chicago 2012
October 8, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Make the compound butter topping ahead of time, then fill Oysters and top with par-roasted bacon. Broil to serve. Delicious!
- Casino Compound Butter
- 1 stick Unsalted Butter
- 2 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1/4 C Shallots, Chopped
- 1/4 C Red Bell Pepper, Chopped
- 1/4 C Celery, Chopped
- 2 sprigs Fresh Oregano Leaves
- 2 sprigs Fresh Thyme Leaves
- 2 tsp Lemon Zest
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1/4 tsp Red Chili Flake
- To taste Fresh Ground Black Pepper & Kosher Salt
- 4 strips Bacon
- 1 Doz Large Oysters on the Half-shell
- To Garnish: Flat-Leaf Parsley, Finely Chopped
Roast 4 Strips bacon at 425º for about 10 minutes. It will not be cooked thoroughly but will have additional baking time on the assembled Oysters. Set aside
Meanwhile, begin creating your compound butter in a food processor--All ingredients other than Oysters and Bacon!
Process until all ingredients well combined, but not too smooth-you will want the vegetables to retain a little texture
Season Butter mixture with Salt & Pepper, to taste.
Place half-shell Oysters in a baking pan, season with a little Salt and Pepper. We use Rock Salt underneath the Oysters to help retain heat & keep the Oysters upright.
Top each oyster with Compound Butter until well covered, about 1 Tablespoon
Add a piece (About 1/3 slice) of the par-cooked Bacon to each Oyster
Place in hot oven until Bacon is browned and Oysters are bubbling, about 10-11 minutes
Garnish with Parsley and Serve--Enjoy!
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysia jet 45 min ago
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57
- HS basketball player shines despite disabilty
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Boston Marathon bombing comment no threat to St. Patrick's Day... 5 min ago
- CTA Green Line briefly interrupted
- 'El Chapo' lieutenant wants trial in Chicago
- Teacher's aide posed as teen to meet girls online
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Lawmakers say DCFS faces 'horrendous' challenges
- Free small business expo begins in Chicago
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD