Baked Oysters Casino Recipe | Shaw's Oyster Fest Chicago 2012
October 8, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Make the compound butter topping ahead of time, then fill Oysters and top with par-roasted bacon. Broil to serve. Delicious!
- Casino Compound Butter
- 1 stick Unsalted Butter
- 2 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1/4 C Shallots, Chopped
- 1/4 C Red Bell Pepper, Chopped
- 1/4 C Celery, Chopped
- 2 sprigs Fresh Oregano Leaves
- 2 sprigs Fresh Thyme Leaves
- 2 tsp Lemon Zest
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1/4 tsp Red Chili Flake
- To taste Fresh Ground Black Pepper & Kosher Salt
- 4 strips Bacon
- 1 Doz Large Oysters on the Half-shell
- To Garnish: Flat-Leaf Parsley, Finely Chopped
Roast 4 Strips bacon at 425º for about 10 minutes. It will not be cooked thoroughly but will have additional baking time on the assembled Oysters. Set aside
Meanwhile, begin creating your compound butter in a food processor--All ingredients other than Oysters and Bacon!
Process until all ingredients well combined, but not too smooth-you will want the vegetables to retain a little texture
Season Butter mixture with Salt & Pepper, to taste.
Place half-shell Oysters in a baking pan, season with a little Salt and Pepper. We use Rock Salt underneath the Oysters to help retain heat & keep the Oysters upright.
Top each oyster with Compound Butter until well covered, about 1 Tablespoon
Add a piece (About 1/3 slice) of the par-cooked Bacon to each Oyster
Place in hot oven until Bacon is browned and Oysters are bubbling, about 10-11 minutes
Garnish with Parsley and Serve--Enjoy!
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store 26 min ago
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Video: Yelp reviews: Phony or Real?
- Man turns self in after baby dies in crash
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- Body found near home of woman missing 2 years
- Elderly woman dead after fire in Woodstock
- I-Team finds man wanted by Interpol in Chicago
- Superintendent reprimanded after DUI arrest
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns
- Opening statements begin in general's sex trial
- Massachusetts bans 'upskirt' photos after ruling
- abcnews: Family Takes on Critics After Lung Transplant