Baked Oysters Casino Recipe | Shaw's Oyster Fest Chicago 2012
October 8, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Make the compound butter topping ahead of time, then fill Oysters and top with par-roasted bacon. Broil to serve. Delicious!
- Casino Compound Butter
- 1 stick Unsalted Butter
- 2 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1/4 C Shallots, Chopped
- 1/4 C Red Bell Pepper, Chopped
- 1/4 C Celery, Chopped
- 2 sprigs Fresh Oregano Leaves
- 2 sprigs Fresh Thyme Leaves
- 2 tsp Lemon Zest
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1/4 tsp Red Chili Flake
- To taste Fresh Ground Black Pepper & Kosher Salt
- 4 strips Bacon
- 1 Doz Large Oysters on the Half-shell
- To Garnish: Flat-Leaf Parsley, Finely Chopped
Roast 4 Strips bacon at 425º for about 10 minutes. It will not be cooked thoroughly but will have additional baking time on the assembled Oysters. Set aside
Meanwhile, begin creating your compound butter in a food processor--All ingredients other than Oysters and Bacon!
Process until all ingredients well combined, but not too smooth-you will want the vegetables to retain a little texture
Season Butter mixture with Salt & Pepper, to taste.
Place half-shell Oysters in a baking pan, season with a little Salt and Pepper. We use Rock Salt underneath the Oysters to help retain heat & keep the Oysters upright.
Top each oyster with Compound Butter until well covered, about 1 Tablespoon
Add a piece (About 1/3 slice) of the par-cooked Bacon to each Oyster
Place in hot oven until Bacon is browned and Oysters are bubbling, about 10-11 minutes
Garnish with Parsley and Serve--Enjoy!
- Chemical plant explosion, fire injures 2 in Alsip 1 min ago
- Gunman dead, officer shot in Arlington Heights
- Blagojevich appeal goes before judges
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Free Mega Millions tickets in Chicago
- Man, 31, pulled from Chicago River near lake
- Body of missing Lansing man, 40, found in ditch
- 8 LSD crashes reported within 1 mile in 1 hour
- 4-year-old boy accidentally shoots himself in Gary
- I-90/94 lanes to close for bridge piers construction
- Mother charged in baby's death held on $250K bond 32 min ago
- Winter weather advisories; snow follows cold
- Bruno Mars is Billboard's top artist of 2013 53 min ago
- abcnews: Family: American held in Iran was CIA spy