National Dessert Month
October 9, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- October is set aside as National Dessert Month. What better time than now to use fall seasonal fruits and vegetables to make a sweet treat. Sarah Jordan with the BOKA Restaurant group shows us her favorites this season.
- RECIPE: Caramel Nut Tart
- RECIPE: Sticky Toffee Pudding
- RECIPE: Apple Cider Cake Donuts with Maple Glaze
- RECIPE: Spiked Hot Chocolate
More on Sarah Jordan (release)
Sarah Jordan grew up in Dublin, Ireland. Her love of food stems from baking with her Grandmother, cooking for her family with her Grandfather and weekly trips to the Smithfield farmers markets with her parents. She has worked in the restaurant industry for over ten years. Upon moving to the America over seven years ago, Sarah made the transition into pastry. She has had the pleasure of working at restaurants in Austin Tx, such as FINO, Olivia and Jeffreys.
Upon moving to Chicago , Sarah spent time working at Blackbird. She joined the BOKA restaurant group in August, she is the pastry chef of BOKA and designs the menu for GT Fish & Oyster. Her approach to food is to keep flavors simple but with a savory aspect while presenting food in a modern way.
- Extra-alarm blaze struck in Irving Park
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 missing
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State 22 min ago
- Person killed by Amtrak from Chicago to STL 19 min ago
- Chicago electric bills to rise; city claims could've been worse 25 min ago
- $7 million shoplifting suspects face detention hearing 9 min ago
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Sheriff Dart facing opposition from own party
- California earthquake centered in Eureka measures 6.9 magnitude
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
- 7 in :77