National Dessert Month
October 9, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- October is set aside as National Dessert Month. What better time than now to use fall seasonal fruits and vegetables to make a sweet treat. Sarah Jordan with the BOKA Restaurant group shows us her favorites this season.
- RECIPE: Caramel Nut Tart
- RECIPE: Sticky Toffee Pudding
- RECIPE: Apple Cider Cake Donuts with Maple Glaze
- RECIPE: Spiked Hot Chocolate
More on Sarah Jordan (release)
Sarah Jordan grew up in Dublin, Ireland. Her love of food stems from baking with her Grandmother, cooking for her family with her Grandfather and weekly trips to the Smithfield farmers markets with her parents. She has worked in the restaurant industry for over ten years. Upon moving to the America over seven years ago, Sarah made the transition into pastry. She has had the pleasure of working at restaurants in Austin Tx, such as FINO, Olivia and Jeffreys.
Upon moving to Chicago , Sarah spent time working at Blackbird. She joined the BOKA restaurant group in August, she is the pastry chef of BOKA and designs the menu for GT Fish & Oyster. Her approach to food is to keep flavors simple but with a savory aspect while presenting food in a modern way.
- Snow blankets city, suburbs after March storm
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- I-Team: Illinois state spy secret revealed
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man charged with shooting Chicago officer
- $2M bond for man accused of shooting 6 at party
- SUV with child stolen in Colorado, I-25 chase
- Political consultant hit by falling ice 4 min ago
- Bears terminate Julius Peppers contract
- Son goes on trial in man's beating, stabbing death
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- MH370, missing Malaysia Airlines plane, gone 4 days
- San Francisco fire at Mission Bay construction site contained