National Dessert Month
October 9, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- October is set aside as National Dessert Month. What better time than now to use fall seasonal fruits and vegetables to make a sweet treat. Sarah Jordan with the BOKA Restaurant group shows us her favorites this season.
- RECIPE: Caramel Nut Tart
- RECIPE: Sticky Toffee Pudding
- RECIPE: Apple Cider Cake Donuts with Maple Glaze
- RECIPE: Spiked Hot Chocolate
More on Sarah Jordan (release)
Sarah Jordan grew up in Dublin, Ireland. Her love of food stems from baking with her Grandmother, cooking for her family with her Grandfather and weekly trips to the Smithfield farmers markets with her parents. She has worked in the restaurant industry for over ten years. Upon moving to the America over seven years ago, Sarah made the transition into pastry. She has had the pleasure of working at restaurants in Austin Tx, such as FINO, Olivia and Jeffreys.
Upon moving to Chicago , Sarah spent time working at Blackbird. She joined the BOKA restaurant group in August, she is the pastry chef of BOKA and designs the menu for GT Fish & Oyster. Her approach to food is to keep flavors simple but with a savory aspect while presenting food in a modern way.
- 4 girls, 1 boy shot in Park Manor drive-by
- Woman killed in West Side hit-and-run
- Boston Marathon 2014 begins under strong security
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago shootings: 9 dead, 35 hurt since Friday night
- Man charged in fatal Dan Ryan crash 46 min ago
- 2 officers hurt in Calumet Heights rollover crash
- Motorized wheelchair stolen from Ondelee Perteet
- Blackhawks Seabrook suspended 3 games
- Wizards rally past Bulls in Game 1
- Florida sinkhole threatens 2 Orlando-area homes
- Rubin Carter dead at 76; boxer 'Hurricane' exonerated in triple...
- Kevin Sharp dead at 43; country singer battled cancer young
- abcnews: Russia 'Outraged' by Deadly Ukraine Shootout
- 7 in :77